Asking Kate

Oh my god, I'm so happy! Today, me and Kate are going to go shopping! Just the two of us! I'm so happy! I'm currently running around the loft like a mad child. Daddy is losing his head because I'm driving him up the wall. But what can I say? I'm happy and very excited.

"ALEXIS HARPER CASTLE! WILL YOU CALM YOURSELF DOWN!" daddy yelled for the first time in....forever. I stopped dead in my tracks and turned to daddy.

"I sorry daddy." And I sulked into the couch. Daddy came and sat next to me.

"Oh pumpkin, I'm sorry I yelled but you are driving me absolutely nutters. Why are you so... jumpy? You're only going shopping with Kate." My eyes grew wide with absolute shock.

"Only?!" I shrieked. Daddy cringed at my tone. "Sorry." I apologise. Daddy smiled. And he hugged me.

"Go get ready before Kate gets here." I nodded and ran to get ready.

Soon enough the was a knock at the door and I heard voices. It was daddy and... "KATE!" I yelled as I ran down the stairs in my pink spring dress. It was a warm summery day. Kate looked at me and smiled. I hugged her and she hugged me back.

"You look extremely pretty today, Lex, have you had a haircut recently?" I looked up to Kate and she was smiling, trying to hide her laugh.

"Not recently." I giggled. I spun around in my dress.

"Oh wow! You look like a perfect princess!" I smiled and hugged Kate.

"Thank you Kate. You look like a princess too." Kate looked confused at me. She looked at what she was wearing. She has as wearing denim shorts, a white with pink flowers spaghetti straps top. "You still look like a princess even if you don't look like one. You have the heart like a princess does." I saw tears in Kate eyes and she unexpectedly embraced me.

"Come on let's go shopping!!" Kate exclaimed and we ran out the door.

"BYE DADDY! LOVE YOU!" I yelled.

"Bye pumpkin! Be good! Love you too!" Daddy yelled back and we disappeared.

-•-•-
An hour into out girl shopping, I was still as happy as ever. I was always running ahead of Kate and she would always call me to either come back or wait for her.

"Alexis, sweetie, please wait up for me. Why are you so energetic today?" Asked Kate when she finally caught up to me.

"We are having a girls day!"I exclaimed, jumping up and down. Kate giggled.

"What's so exciting about our girls day though?" I stopped dead in my tracks and stared at Kate like she grew another head.

"I love our girls day out. We hardly ever have them. Plus I've been dying  to ask you a question."

"What question?" She asked curiously.

"A homework question."I smiled at her.

"Ask away then."

"Can we get lunch first please?" Kate looked at her watch and nodded. We whet to grab two ham salad baguettes, twos chocolate chip cookies and two bottle of waters.

I was half way through my baguette when Kate started taking. "So what is your question you want to ask me?"

"Well," I got comfortable and turned so I'm facing her, "for my English homework I have to ask my family and friends a question. One simple question." Kate nodded for me to continue, I took a deep breath in, "using your own words, describe what true love is to you." Kates eyes widened in shock. "You can think of something or someone to help you, if you want to. Just think and describe that thing or person." Kates mouth opened, jaw dropping to the floor. I giggled.