Asking Ryspacito

I forget to mention, that this story is based in s3. Just Alexis is a lot, lot younger. Enjoy!!

•-•-•

"Okay, daddy, I'll be a good girl. I always am!" I smiled up at him. I have just been informed that I'm having a babysitter, no two babysitters, while my daddy goes for a meeting at Black Pawn. My gram is out somewhere doing what she does. "Who's babysitting me, daddy?" I asked him after a short while.

"Detectives Ryan and Esposito are, pumpkin. They volunteered to babysit you when I asked Kate if she could, but she's busy at the prescient doing what she loves best, getting justice or falling deeper into her rabbit hole and the cause of her 'workaholic' addition." I saw a twinkle in his eye as he talked about Detective Beckett. Sadness was definitely clear in his eyes. But there was also love; the love he has towards Detective Beckett. It doesn't take a genius to spot it. It's always there when he talks about her. She's all he ever talks about when he gets home after being at the prescient all day.

"Okay."I responded back to him as I carried on drawing my picture at the island.

"What ya drawing, pumpkin?" Daddy asked as he came up behind me and peered over my shoulder to take a glance at my drawing.

"My family." I replied proudly. I watched as my dad examined the drawing. "Me, you and Gram." he listed as he identified the stick people figures. Me and gram had orange hair and beautiful pinky/lilac dresses on. Daddy had brown hair and was wearing a black suit. "Who are the rest of the people, lex?" He asked me.

I smiled as I told him, "that's Detective Beckett," I pointed to the brunette stick-figure who was next to Daddy's stick-figure,  she was wear a long light pink wedding dress. "That's detectives Ryan and espo," they were dressed like Daddy's stick-figure, but Espo was standing next to a young woman and Ryan was standing next to another woman. "That's Dr Parish and that's Jenny." Dr Parish was standing next to Epso in a pinky/lilac dress. And Jenny stood next to Ryan in a similar dress to Dr. Parish. I looked up at daddy and burst into laughter. He looks like he seen a ghost.

"I.. that's... you... why.. Umm..." he stuttered and it only made me laugh harder.

Once I calmed down I started to explain it, but there was a knock at the door. "I'll get it, daddy!" I jumped off the stool and ran to the front door and once I opened it, detectives Espo and Ryan were standing there. "Hey detective Esposito. Hey detective Ryan. Please come in." I politely told them. I was raised with good manners. But what could I say? I have the best and greatest daddy in the world!!

"Thank you Alexis. And please call me Kevin and him Javier. No need to be formal." I nodded.

"Or you can call me Javi and him Kev, it's shorter that way." I nodded at Javi as i gestured them to the living room.

"I'll get daddy.... DADDY!!!!" I yelled. Javi and Kevin winced at my tone. "Sorry." The chuckled at my innocence.

"No need to shout, Alexis, I'm not a hundred miles from you. I'm only in the kitchen." Told Daddy.

"Well you seemed to be miles away from me when I told you about my drawing. Do you two wanna see it?" I asked the last part while looking at Javi and Kevin. They both nodded. I grabbed th drawing from the island and whet to she them it.

"I'll go to my meeting now. Be good lex. Love you. Don't forget to do you homework before bedtime." I nodded my head, if only he knew...

"I'm always good, daddy. But okay I will. Love you too!" I ran to hug daddy goodbye and kissed his cheek too. He kissed my cheek and I ran to the detectives again. They were both trying to figure out the stick-figures. So I told them who they were, individually. And they had pure shock written all over their faces once I was done. I laughed. It was so funny. They had the same exact face as daddy had.

"You... consider us as your family?" Kevin asked. Javi was just to shocked to speak nor move. He was funny.

"Yep. Of course I do. Why wouldn't I?" I asked rhetorically. Ryan suddenly jumped up and engulfed me in his arms. Warm and comforting. But Daddy's are warmer. But I enjoyed the hug.

"Now, what is this homework that your father was mentioning before he left? Do you need any help with it?" Ryan asked me after a few more minutes passed. I looked up at him and I nodded.

"Actually I do. I have a question that I want to ask you both. It's for my English homework. I have to ask this one specific question to my family and friends. I have rules tho. Well Sorta." I told them.

"Ask away." Ryan replied. I nodded.

"What is true love to you? Explain it using your own words and if you succeed, then you're in love." Javi jump at the question.

"What?" He asked shocked and probably confused too. "Why you asking us this?"

"Has this got anything to do with Kate and your father?" Ryan asked. My eyes widened. Caught red handed.

"Why would you think that?"

"We are trained detectives. We know how to read people by body language and what-not." Explained Kevin.

"Okay. Well maybe. But my question? Can you try at least to answer it. It's for my homework!" I slightly begged.

"Okay, let me see...." Kevin though a moment, "true love is someone you can't live without. Is your whole world and is the best friend you would do anything for." He explained. I know he was thinking of Jenny, those two are in love, as far as daddy has told me.

"True love is a secret room where no one but only you and your lover can only enter. And it's where you can just be yourself when life gives you a hard life." Javi says. I wonder who is thinking of... Dr Parish, probably.

"Wow. Perfect answers! So whom are you in love with?" I just had to ask.

"Jenny!" Kevin answered with no hesitation. Whereas Espo held back in hesitation. Kevin nudged him in the arm.  

"Umm...." he was so unsure.

"Is it Dr. Parish?" I asked, already knowing the answer. Javi's eyes widened.

"How did y-" Kevin stopped him.

"You love Lanie? Are you in a relationship or something? Bro. Talk. Now." I giggled at their girly behaviours.

"Okay. Fine, yes I like Lanie a lot, but it's a complicated relationship. Nothing that I can't handle." Javi explained.

"Like? As in you like, like her or you like, like, like her?" I asked.

Javi sighed defeated. "As in like, like, like her." I smiled.

"You love her. Don't deny it." Kevin was smiling too.

"Okay. Fine, I love her. But it's still complicated." Javi told us. "I don't know if she likes me like that way back and what if she doesn't? What then?"

"Talk to her about it. Ask her for yourself. Not point in procrastinating about it. It will just get you even more worked up. And if she doesn't feel the same way, you move on. Easy." Explained Kevin proudly.

"Easier said, than done, Bro." Replied Javi, I giggled.

"Why thank you, Javi and Kevin. You have been a big help with my homework. Good luck Javi with Dr Parish. And please do not mention any of this to daddy. He doesn't know what my homework is. Only that I have homework. I'm gonna ask him when the time comes. So please no gossiping near daddy." I smiled.

"Anytime, Alexis. Does Kate know? Ryan asked, smiling at me. I shook my head.

"No. Don't tell her either. Please?" I begged.

"Okay, our lips are sealed shut. Your secret is safe with us till your daddy and Kate know." Replied Javi.

I then went to play with my dolls in my bedroom till lunch.

~~~

After lunch Kevin and Javi played games with me and we watched movies. Daddy soon came home and he made dinner for two as Kevin and Javi had to go. Today has been fun.

There we go! Finished! Hope you like it.
Comment, vote and share!

Published on Saturday 7th April 2018 at 4:57pm.
[1415words]