Asking Lanie

"Hey Kate," I heard my daddy say after I heard a knock at the door. I was in my bedroom playing with my dollies. "Hey Lanie, Why are you two hear?" He continued. I couldn't hear what Beckett and Dr Parish was saying. But then I heard my daddy.

"ALEXIS! Can you come down here please?" He shouted to me from downstairs. I got up and went to him.

"Yes, daddy?" I asked as I walked down the stairs. I saw both Beckett and Dr Parish sitting on the couch with a glass of water each in their hands.

" Kate wants to ask you something." He answered.

"Me? I thought you were gonna tell her, Castle?" Beckett asked shocked.

"No, I'll let you say it. After all you told me that you wanted to take out." Daddy replied.

"Take me Out? Out where, daddy?" I asked, confused.

"Alexis, me and Lanie are having a girls day at the mall. And we decided to bring you too. So do you want to join out girls days?" Beckett answered than asked. My eyes grew wide with shock.

"Yes!!! Can I go daddy?" I begged. This is my chance to ask Dr Parish my question for my homework. But how can I ask her it without Becket hearing and knowing about it?

"Of course, pumpkin. You need a girls night with Kate and Lanie. Have fun and be a good girl." he replied, chuckling.

"thanks daddy! Love you!" I exclaimed as I put my shoes on. It was rather warm outside so I only had on a denim jacket.

-•-•-

"Oh my gosh! Lanie! We have got to go in that shop!!" Exclaimed Beckett excitedly as she saw a shop for women. I saw a sign that had 18 and a big red \ over it. I was too young to go in there.

"Kate, Alex is can't go in there. She's too young. There's a sign in the door. We'll get kicked out if she take one step in there. You can go in, I'll stay with Alexis and keep her company." Explained Lanie. Kate looked at the door and also saw the sign. She nodded her to her best friend.

"I won't be long." Kate smiled at me, i smiled back and she walked to the shop.

"Have fun!!" Shouted Lanie teasingly. Kate shouted "shut ooop!!" Back and I laughed. Lanie looked down at me.

"Wanna get some lunch?"I nodded and we went to the closest cafe.

When we sat down; I had a ham saled sandwich, cookie and orange juice while Dr Parish had a plate full of cheesy chips, a cup of coffee and a slice of chocolate cake; I realised that this is the perfect time to ask my question.

"Dr Parish-" I was interrupted.

"Girl, call me Lanie. No need to be professional." Lanie giggled and I nodded.

"Okay. Lanie, can I ask you a question? It's for my homework. My English homework." I explained.

"Yeah sure. Go ahead." She took a fork full of her cheesy chips with a big long slip of her coffee.

"What is your version of true love in your own words. If you succeed, then you're in love." I told her. Lanie chocked on her drink and started coughing. I just watched her as I tried to contain my laughter.

She soon recovered and started talking. "Sorry, that was awkward. So my version of what true love is? Has this gotta be anything with your dad and Kate by any chance?"

I shook my head. "No. And don't tell her about it. Nor my daddy either, they both don't know yet, I'll tell them when the time comes. So please keep this a secret, Lanie. Please??"I practically begged her.