5- Thigh Rubs and Good Behavior

The next morning, Harry does show up on time out of fear of what Louis might do if he didn't. His legs were burning from the day before and he almost didn't show up at all, but then he knew Louis would never train him again.

"Here on time for once I see." Louis says once Harry steps on the field.

"Yeah but my legs are fuckin killing me." Harry whines.

There is silence for a moment before Louis speaks.

"C'mere." Louis summons as he sits on the bench.

Did Harry do something wrong? Is he going to punish him from yesterday like he said?

Harry's legs refuse to move from his spot even though his brain tells him to move.

"Harry, I'm not gonna hurt you. Get your ass over here." Louis points to the ground in front of him.

Harry shuffles over to Louis and stands directly in front of him, confused on what is happening. He allows Louis to sit him down next to the older boy.

"Leg up, over my knee would be preferable." Louis directs.

Harry follows orders though he has no idea what is happening. Louis places a gentle hand over Harry's meaty thigh and Harry jumps.

"My mum used to do this for me when I was younger and was just getting into football. It'd help me sleep better because my legs were always too sore." Louis starts rubbing Harry's thigh softly, feeling the tense muscles between his fingers.

"I do not expect you to fall asleep, nor do I want you to. We've still got a practice to complete, and maybe consequences from yesterday if you're lucky." Louis says sternly.

"Yes, sir." Harry answers quietly.

"Other leg then, we haven't got all day." Louis says, dropping Harry's leg from his lap.

Harry lifted his other sore leg and felt the difference between the two. His other felt lighter and less cramped, while the thigh Louis had was sore and burning.

Louis carefully rubbed his fingers into Harry's thick thigh, indulging himself just a little bit as he places a hand on Harry's inner thigh and looks up at the smaller boy. Harry has a sudden urge to close his legs when Louis looks at him, hand still on his thigh. His face turns bright pink and he closes his eyes.

Louis pats his thigh, then removes the leg from his lap just as he did the other one.

"Better?" Louis asks as he stands.

Harry opens his eyes and avoids Louis' stare, trying not to embarrass himself further. He stands as well and feels how light his legs feel.

"Much better. Thank you, sir." Harry praises.

"Good. Now don't expect me to do that every practice. Try it when you get home before you go to bed and you'll feel better in the morning. And this feeling will go away once you're used to working your legs more often, I promise."

Harry nods his head at Louis' dominant voice.

"Alright, should we start with some laps?" Louis asks rhetorically, knowing he'd do whatever he already has planned.

Harry whimpers at the thought of laps. After yesterday, he doesn't think he'll have very pleasant memories at the thought of laps.

"Stop whining and give me 15 laps." Louis growls, becoming annoyed at Harry's whiny attitude.

Harry gulps and nods, walking past Louis to start. Louis swings a hand down on Harry's bum as he walks past. Harry jumps and whimpers at the sharp pain, then releases a quiet moan when he realizes where the pain was coming from.

"Faster Harry, we haven't got all day." Louis demands. "If you're not going to put in your full effort, maybe we should just quit and you can leave my field. I'm not here so you can do the bare minimum Harry."

"Sorry sir." Harry apologizes before running off to do his laps.

Louis watches Harry for a few laps, noticing Harry is becoming less tired so quickly. However, he still does go to the locker rooms to fetch some water for them both.

When he's back, Harry's finished his laps and has started on some pushups without being asked. Louis is impressed with his sudden behavior. He walks towards the boy and sets a water next to him.

"Good, curly. How many have you done so far?"

Harry takes a rest but doesn't look up from the ground. "10 sir, I've just started."

"Alright, at 20 take a break and drink some water."

Practice continues like this the entire time. Different from first practice because Harry knows a little more than he did before he stepped on the field. This time, Harry exceeds his boundaries and does more than Louis asks so Louis knows he's trying. He's even improved in the slightest at his kicking. The two meet in the locker rooms after practice, just as they did the day before.

"You're improving curly. I'm almost proud." Louis says to the boy sitting on the bench with his water in hand.

Harry allows a small smile to curl into his dimpled cheeks. "Thank you, sir."

Louis thinks about what he's going to say before he releases his thoughts to the air. "If you do this well in practice tomorrow, maybe we can forget about what would've happened for yesterday's mess ups, yeah?"

Harry looks up at Louis. "Yes, thank you sir." He smiles.

"And maybe we can stop with the 'sir'." Louis negotiates.

Harry's eyebrows shoot up. "Wow, you're being very lenient today."

"You're right. Maybe we'll keep the sir for now. Can't have people thinking I'm anything less or equal to them."

Harry regrets his words. "Yes, sir."

"We'll have to find something different though, that makes me sound so old. Although I do prefer formal callings, I don't enjoy feeling older. Just superior." Louis beams.

"Okay." Harry responds, without the 'sir'.

"We'll find something. Anyway, practice is over. Make sure to do what I told you tonight. It'll only help." Louis dismisses, leaving the locker rooms.

"Bye, Lou." Harry says quietly, knowing Louis won't be able to hear him.

When he stands from the bench, he doesn't fall over. However, when he leaves, everything is the same. No last minute looks, exchanges, anything. Harry looks at Louis kicking the ball around and smiles sadly before leaving.

)):))