Chapter 1

Hasta mañana, 'til we meet again.
Don't know where, don't know when.
Darling our love was much too strong to die.
We'll find a way to face a new tomorrow.
Hasta mañana, say we'll meet again
I can't do without you

One year. One long year. Sam was in his bedroom, their bedroom, staring at the celing. He still couldn't understand. It wasn't right. It didn't make sense. This had to be a nightmare, but it wasn't: it was reality. He stood up and took the photo that was on his bedside table. It was a photo that had been taken two summers ago by Sophie of him and Donna, on the beach,  holding each other and smilng.
It was all so wrong: losing Donna, the love of his life, after just four years of marriage. After 21 years apart. After all they've gone through, she had slipped through his fingers, and this time forever. He was brought back from his thoughts when he heard his daughter's voice.

-Hi dad, someone was missing his grandpa-

He smiled and walked towards her, taking Donny in his arms -Hi honey, how are you doing today?-

-Fine- she said until the photo that was still on the bed caught her sight and immediately brought tears to her eyes -You miss her so much, don't you?-

-I always will- he said taking her in his arms 

-It'll get better-

-I hope Sophie, I hope-

Sophie desperately wanted to change the subject. By now, she knew Sam and knew how hard it still was for him. Well, actually it was for everyone.
It had been two years since Donna had died, but the pain was still the same. She knew how Sam would have never forget the day he recived that call. He would never forget the day they told him the love of his life was had died.

Sam was in the hotel, waiting for Donna to come back. He had prepared everything: dinner, flowers, candles... She had to go to the mainland to do some shopping and didn't want him to go with her. She was alredy 30 minutes late, even if it was typical of Donna, he was getting worried.
He didn't know the reason, it was just a feeling, so he decided to call her.

-Hi Darling- she said frenetically

-Donna? Are you arriving?-

-I'm so sorry, I'm late. But yes, I'm on my way. I'll be in your arms before you know it...I have a wonderful surprise for you- she said smiling and putting a hand on her belly

-And what is it?- he said not understanding

-A surprise, Camichael. If I told you now, it wouldn't be a surprise-

He laughed at himself -God, you drive me crazy-

She laughed -See you soon honey-

-I'll be here, waiting for you-

-I know- she smiled before hunging up. She was walking when she felt someone taking her from beside and then nothing. Just dark.

It had been an hour since they talked and Sam was now pissed. How was it possible that she was always so late? She knew how important today was for him. He was looking down at the food that was now cold when his phone started ringing. It was an unknown number.

-Is it Donna Sheridan's husband?- a female voice asked

His heart started racing like crazy -Yes it is. Is she okay?-

-I'm sorry,  She had been involved in a burning, she's...she's dead-

-No, no, no. That's not possible. I talked with her an hour ago, you...you're doing a mistake-

The nurse continued to talk but he couldn't understand anything, he just stood there, sobbing. He had lost her. For the second time.

Hasta mañana, baby, hasta mañana, until then

_______________________________________________

okayy, here's the first chapter, thank you for reading and I hope you've liked it!