Chapter 12

I just wanna hear you saying "baby, let's go home"

It had been two months since Donna was being kept in the basement. She looked down at her belly which was starting to show always more. Something took her out of her thoughts: her baby had kicked for the first time. Her eyes immediately fillied up with tears.
-Oh my god- she whispered putting her hand on her belly

I, I have known love before
I thought it would no more
Take on a new direction
Still, strange as it seems to be
It's truly new to me
That affection
I, I don't know what you do
You make me think that you
Will change my life forever
I, I'll always want you near
Give up on you, my dear
I will never

You thrill me, you delight me
You please me, you excite me
You're all that
I've been yearning for
I love you, I adore you
I lay my life before you
I only want you more and more...

She stopped singing when a little sob came out of her mouth. -I'm so sorry, little one. I know I promised you we would have given you the best life and right now... well, the situation isn't the best. But daddy is gonna find us, I'm sure about it.-
At the thought of Sam her heart ached even more.
He didn't even know about their little surprise and he probably would've never known.
She had planned on telling him the day Lorraine kidnapped her and now he thought she was dead and hadn't the smallest idea of their baby. He deserved to watch her belly grow, he deserved to feel the baby kick the first and all the times that followed. She started sobbing even more just wishing he was there, holding her and telling her he was taking her home.
She thought about Sophie, and asked herself how her little girl was doing without her. Sophie always told her how much she would have loved to have a little brother or sister and now that she had the chance of being a big sister she probably would have never known him or her.
She missed Sam as hell, but she would have given everything to just hold her girl with golden hair one more time.

When Lucas finally saw Lorraine bringing Donna in another room he understood it was the perfect moment to run for help. He started searching frenetically in Lorraine's drawers where he knew she kept important things. He suddenly found it, Sam's adress. He took Jake and Lorraine's car keys. He was about to close the door when he heard Donna scream in pain. He closed his eyes and prayed he would make it in time to save her, he had to do this for her.

As soon as he got on the ferry he  took a deep breath -I can do it- he whispered to himself.
He checked on his phone and saw that Lorraine still hadn't called him. He stared at the lookscreen trying to figure out if it was a good or bad thing. Surely good because that meant she still hadn't realized he and Jake weren't there so he had more time, but then he thought about the fact that if she still hadn't understood was because she was with Donna, and it never was a good thing.
Jake had cried all the way to Kalokairi but as soon as they arrived the baby's cry stopped.

When he finally was in front of the old goat house he took a deep breath and then knocked the door.

-Oh, hello. Lucas, right?- asked a confused Sam seeing her ex wife's husband and their son.

-I need to talk with you, Sam. You deserve to know. You have to help her.-