Chapter 32

No matter how Donna tried to hide it, Lorraine could see how terrorized she was and knew she had to play on that because it was her only chance to success in her plan.

-What the hell do you want Lorraine?- Donna repeated stronger -WHAT DO YOU WANT?-

-What do I want?- Lorraine laughed sarcastically -I WANT MY LIFE BACK! The life you stole from me since you poisoned MY husband in this crazy island of yours! He should be still married TO ME! However you.... you convinced him into coming back in here again and told him about your bastard daughter!-

-Don't you dare talk about my daughter like that- Donna breathed shaking her head - And, I also believe you're missing out on something. He had already divorced you when we met again because of YOU! YOU'VE LOST YOUR MIND, LORRAINE!-

-And it's your fault, again!- Lorraine yelled another time, pointing the gun at Donna again as she let out a little gasp. She was trying so hard to keep emotions in check but she was so scared her whole body was shaking uncontrollably.
Lorraine immediately laughed at her when she saw it.
-What is, Sheridan? Are you scared?-

Donna didn't answer but also didn't take her eyes off her. She just kept staring straight into her eyes, hoping that doing that way Lorraine would suddenly stop feeling her fear.

- What are you gonna do now, Donna?- Lorraine asked shaking her head when she saw Donna finally look away -What are you gonna do now, knowing this time your hero won't come save you this time?-

Donna looked back at her and repeated to herself over and over to think quickly, she had to find a solution.
Her son and daughter needed her. Her husband needed her. Nothing could happen, not now that normality was finally coming back, now that her life was all she had dreamt of in the past months.
They couldn't loose it all again.
She looked around, trying to figure out a fast solution and finally something came to her mind.
She was tired of being scared, of not being herself.
She was tired of needing someone to come to her rescue. She had never needed anyone but that had lately changed and she hated it.
The woman standing in front of her had kidnapped her and her son and put them through hell: she was the reason she had changed so much.
She knew that if she didn't do something, she was surely would have been killed.

Things started happening incredibly fastly and she could barely control her own thoughts as she quickly reached out the knife that was by the side of the fridge.
-I don't need a hero, Lorraine- she breathed as in a second the knife was in Lorraine's stomach -I am my own goddamn hero!-

Lorraine brought her hands to her stomach as the gun fell out of her hand.
-You... whore- she breathed sliding down the fridge as Donna let the knife fall down as well and slowly started walking backwords.
Everything around her was dizzy and she kept looking down at her own hands. Her eyes were fillied up with tears but she wouldn't let them fall.
She shakily reached out for her phone and dialed Sam's number as he immediately answered.

-Hey, baby. I just dropped Jake at Sophie and Sky's. Are you on your way?- he asked but she didn't answer. All he could hear was her breathing.
-Donna? Sweetheart, are you okay?-

-Sam...-

-Yes, baby. What's wrong?- Sam breathed immediately turning back and starting to run towards home. He knew something was wrong, he knew her too much for not knowing it.

-Come... come here, please- she whispered as she watched Lorraine trying to get up from the floor, holding onto her stomach.

-I'll be there in two minutes, Donna. What happened? Donna... Okay...- he breathed when he didn't hear her answer.
He had no idea what had happened or was happening but whatever it was, it was bad.
-Just... just stay on the phone woth me, can you do that?- he asked but once again she didn't answer.
-Donna?- he repeated stronger but now he could no longer hear her breathing - DONNA?-

Nothing, just silence...