Chapter 9

What if home is a person,
who isn't here anymore?

It was 2 am in the morning but Sophie just couldn't sleep. She turned around and saw that Sky was peacefully sleeping so she grabbed her robe and went to the place where she always hid from her thoughts and problems: her mother's room.
When she entered in the room that was now her son's room she immediately felt at home, as if being in her room was like being in her arms.
She sat in the chair where she always sat on Donna's lap and couldn't help but think about the fight she had with her mother the day of her wedding. She had made a mess so she exploded with the only person that had never let her down and knew that would have never, Donna. She still exactly remembered what she told her.

"I don't want my children growing without knowing who their father is because it's... it's crap!"

She looked down at a sleeping Donny and tears started rolling down her cheeks .
Funny, She thought. She has always been so worried about her son not knowing who his father was... and here he was. Perfectly knowing who his father was, but not knowing the best person in the world was, his grandmother.
Sophie went up to the balcony, looked up to the moon and whispered -Come back, mom. I still need you-

The next morning, Sky woke up feeling cold in their bed. He turned to see Sophie and realized she wasn't there anymore. He looked at the clock that was on his bedside and saw it was only 6 am. He wondered if Donny had woken up but he didn't hear him cry, so he figured he didn't.
He got up and went in search of her. He found her sitting on a big chair near to Donny's crib.

-Happy birthday baby- he whispered moving her hair from her face, before placing a kiss on her lips.

-what- she groaned -Omg- she nearly screamed getting up- Bill, Harry and Ruby are alredy here? Oh my god their rooms are ready but there are some things that need to be....-
Sky interrupted what she was saying placing a soft kiss on her lips -Shh, it's still early. And everything is already perfect-

She smiled softly and nodded, trying to relax herself -I love you-

-I love you too, my birthday girl- he then looked at Donny -Both of you-

___________________________________

-Here is my Sophie!-said Ruby hugging her granddaughter tightly.

-Hi grandma- said sweetly Sophie.
She was glad she was finally able to have her grandma in her life, she just wished her mother was there too.

-Happy Birthday and remember, "grandma" when it's just us- Ruby whispered making Sophie laugh.

-Okay, okay. I'm going to wait for Bill and Harry Fernando is waiting for you there- she winked, knowing how they had missed each other for the two weeks where Ruby had left to go back to Los Angeles -I'll see you later! -

___________________________________

Harry and Bill arrived running causing Sophie to laugh because of how they were trying to imitate Rosie and Tanya.

-You two are crazy- laughed Sophie hugging them

-Crazy for our birthday girl- exclaimed Bill hugging their daughter.

Harry smiled softly at her -Happy birthday golden haired girl-

She smiled at them and took a deep breath -Thank you so much...Now, Let's get this party started-