Chapter 4

Tanya and Rosie were getting off the ferry.
Tanya looked around and, for a second, she thought she had seen Donna, on her jeep, waiting for them.
Every time they were near to the island, she just wanted to cry and scream. However, she knew she couldn't. If she would have broke down, what would Rosie have done? Rosie couldn't even say our heart Donna's name without crying. She knew she had to be her anchor, she had to be the strong one. She had always been the strong one.

-Aunties- screamed a happy Sophie hugging them.
For the first time since Donna's death she really seemed to be herself again. Even though they knew that she would have never been the young, carefree girl she used to be again. -I've missed you both so much. And Donny has too. You know, he's nearly 3 months old. I really can't believe how time flies. I know it's stupid but it alredy seems like he's slipping through my fingers-

Rosie and Tanya gave each other a tearful smile.
like mother, like daughter.
-It's totally normal Soph, you wouldn't believe me if I told you all the times your mother called us at the craziest hours, telling us that she felt like you were slipping through her fingers- choked Rosie wrapping her arm around Sophie.

Tanya took Rosie's hand in hers, knowing how emotional she got talking about Donna, giving her the strength she needed. -And how is Sam?-

-Carrying on... but c'mon let's get to the hotel. The guys are waiting for you right there-

-Look who we have here, the dynamos- Sam said smiling to the two women.
They kissed his cheek and smiled back at him
-Hey old man- said Tanya

-Easy to talk when your body is new- whispered Rosie, loud enough so Tanya could hear what she was saying.

-Ah. Ah. How funny, now, where are Sky and the little one?-

_______________________________

After talking for awhile with Rosie and Tanya, Sam decided to leave, letting the two dynamos spoil the little Donny.
He couldn't help but think about how unfair it was that her two best friends were enjoying her grandson but she wasn't. Many times Donna told him how she would have loved to have a house full of grandchildren and now, that their grandson was born, she wasn't here anymore.
He was about to enter in the old goat house, when
something caught his sight: a phone was in front of his door.
He had no idea who the owner was so he thought that it probably belonged to some tourist who had been there and, while visiting the place, had lost it.
He took it with him, waiting for someone to call.

Sam was peacefully sleeping when the ring of a phone woke him up.
As soon as he reached for his phone he realized that it wasn't the one ringing. He quickly got up and answered to the phone that had been left out of his house, hoping to find the owner.

-Lorraine? Where are you? I can't calm her down... She keeps screaming...Where the hell are you?-

Sam was about to answer back when a woman's voice in the background caught his attention, making him freeze. It was Donna's voice.