Chapter 5 Cures Man With Leprosy

Chapter 5 False Miracles Cures Man with Leprosy

According to The Gospel of Matthew after recruiting first disciples, Jesus cured a man with leprosy Matthew 8:1-3: "8 When Jesus came down from the mountainside, large crowds followed him. 2 A man with leprosy came and knelt before him and said, "Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean."3 Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. "I am willing," he said. "Be clean!" Immediately he was cleansed of his leprosy"

At this point in the timeline, after recruiting his first disciples, Mark has Jesus restoring a demon possessed man, not curing a man with leprosy. Mark 1:21-26: "21 They went to Capernaum, and when the Sabbath came, Jesus went into the synagogue and began to teach. 22 The people were amazed at his teaching, because he taught them as one who had authority, not as the teachers of the law. 23 Just then a man in their synagogue who was possessed by an impure spirit cried out, 24 "What do you want with us,Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are—the Holy One of God!"

25 "Be quiet!" said Jesus sternly. "Come out of him!" 26 The impure spirit shook the man violently and came out of him with a shriek."

Although the above miracle is omitted by Matthew, the Gospel of Luke claims that this occurred prior to recruiting the first disciples, Luke 4:31-36: "31 Then he went down to Capernaum, a town in Galilee, and on the Sabbath he taught the people. 32 They were amazed at his teaching, because his words had authority.

33 In the synagogue there was a man possessed by a demon, an impure spirit. He cried out at the top of his voice, 34 "Go away! What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are—the Holy One of God!"

35 "Be quiet!" Jesus said sternly. "Come out of him!" Then the demon threw the man down before them all and came out without injuring him.

36 All the people were amazed and said to each other, "What words these are! With authority and power he gives orders to impure spirits and they come out!"

The Gospel of John at this point in the timeline, is in disagreement with the other Gospels in every aspect. The Gospel of John omits these miracles and also has John the Baptist a free man. The other Gospels have him incarcerated.