Chapter 14 Heals Two Blind Men

Chapter 14 False Miracles Heals Two Blind Men

The following miracle is healing two blind men Matthew 9:27-31: "27 As Jesus went on from there, two blind men followed him, calling out, "Have mercy on us, Son of David!"

28 When he had gone indoors, the blind men came to him, and he asked them, "Do you believe that I am able to do this?"

"Yes, Lord," they replied.

29 Then he touched their eyes and said, "According to your faith let it be done to you"; 30 and their sight was restored. Jesus warned them sternly, "See that no one knows about this." 31 But they went out and spread the news about him all over that region."

In the timeline, Mark has him healing a bleeding woman, miracle that already occurred (in Matthew 9:20-22). The version of Mark varies from Matthews's. Matthew claims that the woman was healed after Jesus said "your faith has healed you", but Mark claims that she was cured instantly. Also in Matthews's version Jesus turned and instantly knew who touched him, in Marks version he does not have a clue as to who touched him. Mark 5:27-34: "27 When she heard about Jesus, she came up behind him in the crowd and touched his cloak, 28 because she thought, "If I just touch his clothes, I will be healed." 29 Immediately her bleeding stopped and she felt in her body that she was freed from her suffering.

30 At once Jesus realized that power had gone out from him. He turned around in the crowd and asked, "Who touched my clothes?"

31 "You see the people crowding against you," his disciples answered, "and yet you can ask, 'Who touched me?' "

32 But Jesus kept looking around to see who had done it. 33 Then the woman, knowing what had happened to her, came and fell at his feet and, trembling with fear, told him the whole truth. 34 He said to her, "Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.""

Luke on the other hand, has Jesus resurrecting the son of a widow, Luke 7:11-16: "11 Soon afterward, Jesus went to a town called Nain, and his disciples and a large crowd went along with him. 12 As he approached the town gate, a dead person was being carried out—the only son of his mother, and she was a widow. And a large crowd from the town was with her.13 When the Lord saw her, his heart went out to her and he said, "Don't cry."

14 Then he went up and touched the bier they were carrying him on, and the bearers stood still. He said, "Young man, I say to you, get up!" 15 The dead man sat up and began to talk, and Jesus gave him back to his mother.

16 They were all filled with awe and praised God. "A great prophet has appeared among us," they said. "God has come to help his people.""

The Gospel of John, has John the Baptist as a free man, and omits these events. Instead John has him talking and preaching but no miracles are performed.