9• Call Him

about three hours later, the nurse came walking up to me.

i automatically ran to Cassadee's room with Paige following me.

i looked at Paige and she was still in tears.

she looked at me questionably.

"go ahead." i said. "you're her best friend."

Paige tilted her head. "are you sure? you seemed really wor-."

"Paige." i grabbed her by the shoulders. "go."

she nodded and walked in.

PAIGE
i ran into Cassadee's room and immediately sat on the chair next to her bed. her eyes were closed. was she awake?

"Cassadee..." i muttered, in tears and gripping her wrist.

she fluttered her eyes open and attempted to smile.

"hey, Paige." she muttered.

i started to cry. i was so thankful she was alive.

"are you okay?" i asked.

she lightly shrugged, sitting up and wincing in pain.
"better. where is she?"

that's when it hit me.
"i don't know. Ethan went chasin after her almost four hours ago... he hasn't come back."

Cassadee looked worried.
"i hope she doesn't try to kill him too."

i frowned. "yeah..."

"Graysons waiting outside," i said, smiling. "he really cares about you."

she smiled back.

"i'll see you soon. love you best friend."

she smiled again. "love you too."

as i walked outside, Grayson was sitting there talking to two other boys. they all looked up at me.

"she's ready to see you."
i said to Grayson. "who are they?" i pointed to the two handsome men about our age.

"this is Nate Garner and Cameron Dallas." Grayson explained.

"so this is the real Cam?"
i asked, raising a brow.

Grayson chuckled. "yeah."

GRAYSON
i took a deep breath as i entered Cassadee's hospital room.
everything was white and too bright to see.

"hey." i murmured, grabbing her hand.

she smiled. "your ex is psycho." she said.

i chuckled. "i know. she just can't get enough of this." i dramatically framed my face and we both laughed.

"you're cool, Grayson."
she said.

i smiled. "so are you, C. and the real Cam is outside with my friend Nate if you want to meet them later."

she chuckled. "the real Cam? you mean the one you meant to text but ended up coming in contact with me?"

i laughed. "yah, that'd be him."

she smiled and laid back, staring at the ceiling.

"i feel like we were destined to meet." i said, gripping onto her hand.

she turned to face me and stared me in the eyes.
her eyes were gorgeous.
i found myself getting lost in them. i glanced back at her lips every now and then. maybe this was it. it was time. to make my move. maybe i don't know that much about her and maybe we've only known each other for a day and a half... but what i really knew was that i was crazy about this girl.

i leaned in and our lips made contact. we pulled away for breath a few seconds later.

she smiled. "me too." she replied to my statement before kissing me again.

i smiled widely and pressed my forehead against hers.

"i'll find her." i said. "Emily. i'll find her. Ethan's already on it. i haven't heard from him." i looked at my phone to see what time it was.

"Gray." she murmured, getting my attention.

i snapped my head up, questionably.

"call him." was all she said before closing her eyes again.

i hope you're liking this story!! please comment thoughts and rate please!! follow me on instagram 👉dolsfeels👈 this story will soon be coming to an end. it was never meant to stay long. unless y'all want it to keep going. just comment. love youuu💛