Stand

Instagram: @SaraTekirian
YouTube : Sara Tekirian
I vote and follow back ❤️

***

That morning was pretty normal. Woke up, got ready, bickered with my brothers, went to the Kardigans, ate breakfast, gawked at Austin, went to school, ect. ect.

Everything was average. . . unill History. History was better desrcibed as extrodinary then ordinary. I didn't try to have a conversation with Austin; he was in one of his moods. After he broke up with his girlfriends he was always irritable for a few days. Until he found a new one, which never took long. Austin sat next to me, with a look of strain and frustration on his face
When Ms. Maket told Donnie to get the textbooks for everyone, Austin got up to sharpen his pencil. It was hard to stare at him from the back of the room, but I managed.
Which is why I was able to see everything that happened. Austin was sharpening his pencil apathetically. And Donnie was getting the books.

The next, seemingly insignificant, event caused my life to spiral out of control.

Donnie picked up the books for the class, too many. There was no way he could carry them all at once. As predicted, Donnie took a few steps n then the books slipped, crashing to the floor. A few people snickered. Pain and desolation flashed across Donnie's face, so much that it startled me. Then, in a lightning quick movement, Donnie pulled a gun out of his jacket.

"You think this is funny!" he demanded, madness shining in his eyes.
Everyone's heads swiveled around to face him. And they were all consumed by pure fear, even Austin looked shocked. Everyone was silent.

"On your knees!" Donnie commanded, hands shaking, "On your knees!"
Everyone obeyed. They all slipped out of there desks and slowly onto their knees. I did too. Everyone but Austin of course. He stood, anger and worry masking his face.

"You too, Blondie!" Donnie snapped, pointing the gun at Austin, who was a mere few feet away from him.
Austin made a strange angry noise in the back of his throat, something like a growl. His silver eyes briefly darted over to look at me and I begged him to cooperate with my eyes. He sighed, but slowly sank to his knees. Although, he didn't put his hands over his head like mostly everyone else.

Nearly everyone seemed terrified; I mean, the kid had obviously lost his god damn mind. I mean, I knew he got picked on a lot but I never thought it was so bad that he would bring a gun to school. This was insanity; I had to get help. So, while Donnie was giving his 'never again' speech, I slipped out my cellphone behind my back. Texting by looking out of the corner of my eye:Kate help! a kid brought a gun 2 school! Call the cops ASAP!

"Hey you!" I looked up, Donnie was staring daggers at me. I froze as he pointed the gun at me

"You think you can outsmart me!" he demanded.
"Yes," I said haughtily, "Yes I do." In retrospect, it probably wasn't the smartest thing to say, but I didn't care. This crazy guy was going to decided whether or not to kill me on his own, and nothing I said or did would change it. And if he decided to kill me, I didn't want to die groveling.

"We'll see about that," he said, smiling sadistically.
"I guess we will," I said with eerie calm that even I found unsettling. I slowly rose to my feet; I was not going to die on my knees. Once I was up I didn't move, I didn't breath, I didn't even think. Because if I let my mind function I would of realized I was going to die. I braced myself.

"Put the gun down," Austin ordered. I looked over to Austin to see that he was back on his feet and was glaring daggers at Donnie.
"You can't tell me what to do! You think just because you're the star football player and get straight A's means you get to call all the shots? Well, now I'mcalling the shots" Donnie shouted.