Mockingbird

Instagram : @SaraTekirian
YouTube : Sara Tekirian
I vote and follow back ❤️

***

"Mysteries"

I fumbled blindly for my alarm clock. At last, I hit the 'snooze' button.
I think the alarm clock should be smart enough to know I have no school today. And, therefore, do not want to wake up at seven.

But, it's too late now. I'm already awake. And besides, I should go see Austin before he leaves for the Council meeting.
He was freaking out yesterday, pacing around like a caged animal.

Kate said it was because he's nervous about the Council meeting.
He always paces and does busy work when he's nervous.

I had asked why he was so nervous about it, but she had just muttered a vague answer.
I didn't press it, Austin and Kate had both been acting strange yesterday.

I knew Austin was leaving around eight, so I would have to hurry.
I sprung up out of bed, untangling myself from the clingy sheets.

I stumbled over to my closet, rubbing sleep from my eyes.
I threw open the double doors, and switched on the closet light.

I yanked a pair of dark jeans, and a thin black t-shirt off the hangers.
Then I pulled a thick grey sweatshirt off another hanger. I layed them down on my un-made bed, and then got dressed.

I went over to the mirror and did my eye-liner and mascara.
I pulled a brush through my hair a few times, trying to separate the knots.

Then I rushed over to the bathroom, and brushed my teeth speedily.
Once I was done, I ran back to my room and shoved my feet in a pair of running shoes.

Then I rushed down the stairs, to find the kitchen empty.
Jake and Ken were probably sleeping and my parents were at work. My dad's school didn't have off today, sucks for them.

I wasn't surprised to find a tray of chocolate chip muffins on the counter.
Like I said, my mom's biggest fear is that someone in this household will starve.

I snatched a muffin off the counter and headed for the door. Outside, Stanley was playing in the yard.
Chasing some poor defenseless squirrel up a tree. Honestly, what does he plan to do if he ever managed to catch the poor thing.

I headed down the pathway to our house and down the street.
It was pretty early, so I didn't see many people on my way.

It was a perfect day out, the sky was cloudless. A perfect light blue, with a brilliant sun rising in the east.
It was chilly, but my thick sweatshirt kept me warm.

From down the street I could see a sleek black limo parked in front of the Kardigan's house.
Hmmmm, classy.

I quickened my pace to see what the deal was with the limo.
When I reached the house I saw several men heading towards the limo.

There were three of them. The one in the middle was Austin. He was wearing a black suit, and I had never seen him wear a suit before. And I have to admit, he looked especially hot. He was flanked on either side by two guys in black suits and sunglasses. I noticed one as Domingo, wearing an extremely serious expression, even for him. The other guy I didn't recognize, but he was just as tan and muscular as Domingo. His expression was just as serious as Domingo's too.

"Hey Austin!" I called, cutting across the yard.
The other man flinched forward at the sound of my voice. But, Austin put his arm up to block him.

"It's just my girlfriend, Lykaios" Austin told him.
Lykaios relaxed, but his focused expression stayed intact.

Austin approached me, and Lykaios and Domingo hung back. Domingo's eyes stayed on Austin and I. But Lykaios' eyes scanned the perimeter.
Austin came up to me, and kissed me hello.