11

"She's my daughter too, I have the right to see her." Harry says calmly.

Part of me wants to let him see her, let Sydney meet him so she knows who her father is. Another part of me wants to throw him out, pack everything up and leave. I can't leave though, and if I try to keep him from seeing her he will just come back. It would be best to just let him see her while I am there instead of him coming by randomly to her daycare or even back here.

"Fine," I sigh "But not now, not while Joey is here. Come back tomorrow." I whisper so Joey won't hear.

"What time?"

"Noon. I don't work so I will be home."

"Okay," he nods, his gaze down at the floor. "Should I bring her something? Like a shirt or shoes?"

"She is four years old, Harry" I laugh "She doesn't care about those things. If you're going to bring her anything then get her a doll or a stuffed animal."

"Yeah, yeah right." He nods again.

We sat in silence for what seemed like hours until Joey's voice came from the other side of the locked door, wondering what was taking us so long. Harry and I both walked out moments later, neither of us saying a word until we get to the front door. Joey still watched us from the hallway, not in earshot.

"I will see you tomorrow" I say quietly.

Harry's large frame towered over me. He was so much lager then years ago, and so much more intimidating. "It was nice to see you."

"I honestly can't say the same for you , Harry." I say harshly. Just because I am letting him see Sydney tomorrow doesn't mean I am happy about it and this doesn't mean he will be back in her life. He made the choice to leave us so he has to live with that, I am only doing this so Sydney knows who her father is.

"It's nice to hear you say my name, I missed it." He smirks before walking out the door, slamming it behind him.

.....

"If he comes here, call me an I will be here in ten minutes." Joey tells me for the tenth time this morning. Of course he didn't have to leave until 11:45 today which means if Harry decides to show up early he will run into Joey, and then there will be major problems.

"Yes, I understand," I sigh "Now leave so you're not late."

"Okay, okay" he says a final time before walking out the door.

I wait a few minutes before rushing into the living room, making sure it's clean. After throwing a small blanket into a basket and taking some dishes into the kitchen the living room is all cleaned. The kitchen is as clean as it's going to get and the rest of the house is semi clean, but Harry won't be going anywhere other then the living room and kitchen.

A soft knock on the door snapped me out of my cleaning trance. "Coming!" I shout as I make one last walk around to make sure everything is clean. When it is I open the door to a bruised Harry who has a smirk plastered on his face.

"Hey darling," he smiles and I scoff.

"Sydney is in her room. I will go get her." I tell him before rushing into the hallway.

When I walk into Sydney's room she is sitting quietly on her bed, dolls and toy animals spread out all around her but she doesn't touch one. "Syd?"

"Who's that man out there?" She asks me, her eyes locking with mine.

"I want you to come meet him" I tell her.

"Why?"

"Because, I just want you to."

"But why?"

"Sydney, I'm your mom and if I say I want you to meet him then you get your butt off that bed and go meet him." I raises my voice just a bit at her but not enough to even consider it yelling.

I don't believe in the parenting style of letting the kids be in control. We are suppose to raise our kids to be good, obedient people but how will a kid ever learn if their parents let him/her do whatever they wanted?

"Okay, I'm coming." She groans as she slides off her bed.

I hear the soft thump of her footsteps as she follows closely behind me as we walk into the living room where Harry is now sitting on one of the couches.

He immediately gets up when he sees us. He doesn't look nervous, just not really comfortable.

"Sydney, this is Harry." I step aside so Harry and Sydney have a full view of each other. "Say hi."

"Hi" Harry says softly, an I laugh.

"Not you," I smile "I was talking to Sydney."

"Hi...Harry" Sydney whispers, holding onto my left leg. Harry must seem like a giant to her.

"I, erm, got you..I got you something." Harry struggles with words as he hands Sydney a small stuffed bear.

"I already have one." Sydney holds up the stuffed bear which she's had since her birth.

"Sydney-" I begin but Harry cuts me off.

"It's alright. You can never have to many bears" he smiles over to me as Sydney takes the bear from his hands.

"I guess so," she smiles down at the bear before looking up at Harry.

Harry stayed for just under one hour and stayed quiet most of the time. Once it turned one Harry got up off the couch and we both went out into the hallway. He didn't mention to Sydney who he was, which didn't make sense. I figured Harry would want her to know he was her father. "She looks like you" Harry had said minutes after seeing her. He was wrong, she looked like him, exactly like him pretty much.

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be either. Even with his quiet awkwardness he still made Sydney feel comfortable around him which wasn't to common with her. Also, I was feeling more comfortable around with as every minute passed, but I still didn't want him around after this and that wasnt going to change just because he was doing good with her.

"Thanks for letting me come over," he sighs while shifting on his feet awkwardly.

"Yeah, well, this was the one and only time. I don't want you to see her again. We made a deal and-"

"I know we made a fucking deal. But you can't just not let me see her after this!" He yells.

"We had a deal." I say flatly.

He steps closer to me and with every step closer I take two steps back until my back hits the door. His green eyes were clearly filled with anger but his face looked calm, other then his eyebrows which were knit together as he stared carefully at me.

"Too bad princess," he whispers harshly, "deals off."

•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•

Shorts ugh....oh well.

Anyways...so instead of updating once a week I'll just update once I get a certain amount of votes/ comments (which sucks IK but a lot of you are reading this but not voting!) so 10 comments (no spam) and 35 votes before next update!