Prologue

Melanie POV

I was a screw up my whole life. I wasn't a good student. I rarely went to school and I dropped out at the age of 17. I grew up poor, my mom could barely pay any of the bills. My dad was out of the picture. He left my mom when I was five years old for another woman and her two kids. I spent the majority of my life feeling as if no one wanted me.

My mom was tired of struggling with me and found out I had an older boyfriend and kicked me out. I moved with my boyfriend Adam at the age of 17. He promised me everything. He's much older than me, he's 29 to be exact. I met him at a nightclub that I snuck into with friends that I thought were my friends until, they jumped me for my money that my boyfriend gave me. In the beginning of our relationship, I lied about my age. I told him I was 20 years old. He eventually found out about my age the day my mom kicked me out I still remember that day.

Flashback...

My mom was at work and Adam was at my house while I was skipping school. I didn't expect my mom to get laid off that day.  Once she caught us sitting on the couch watching tv she lost it.

"Melanie what the fuck do you think you're doing" she yelled which caused me to jump because I didn't even hear the door close.

"Mom I was just-"

"Skipping school with an older man" she pointed at Adam.

"I should get going" Adam said getting up to walk out the door.

"Yeah you should" my mom says with an attitude.

"Mom I'm sorry" I said. She snatched me off the couch by my arm and hit me in my eye. I accidentally pushed her off me and she fell on the floor. I tried helping her up but she pushed my hands off her.

"Take your shit and get out of my house" she yelled. "I'm already struggling to take care of your hoe ass"

While I was packing, she kept yelling more things that would hurt me. She's told me that she should of aborted me or sent me to foster care. She's even admitted that my dad wanted full custody of me but, she purposely kept me with her to make me suffer. She's always told me my dad doesn't want me and never did but now at least I know that someone actually wanted to care for me once in my life.

I finished packing and called Adam. I didn't think he would pick up but, he did and I told him what happened. He was hesitant on letting me stay with him. I cried about having no place to go so he took me in.

Flashback over

It was when I turned 18 and he was having financial problems. That's when he started beating me and prostituting me to other men to make him money. He would tell me he loves me then drag me into a room with a bunch of men to have their way with me.

It was my 19th birthday, Adam sent me to the bar to pick up more customers to make more money. I was actually dressed decently than how I would usually dress.

For the first time, a guy approached me wanted to get to know me. He was so good looking and tattoos covered his skin.

"Can I buy you a drink?" He asked.

"Yes" I smiled.

He ordered a drink for me and himself. I can't drink this because I'm underaged but I won't tell him that.

"So what's your name beautiful?"

"Melanie and you?"

"My name is Christian"

I honestly didn't know how to have a conversation with a guy unless it had something to do with sex. So, I stayed quiet.

"You don't talk much. Are you shy?"

" I just never know what to say" I looked down. I always had s habit of looking down talking to people. I was always taught that everyone was better than me.

"Can I at least get your number?"  he asked.

"I don't have a phone" I truthfully said. Adam never let me have a phone because he thinks that I would stay in contact with one of my clients and they will take me away from him.

I talked to him the majority of the night and forgot that I had customers to pick up.

He was rushed out the bar by his friends before I could ask him to take me home.

Once I got home Adam was drinking. I knew what was coming to me.

"I'm sorry I didn't make any money but I'll make some tomorr-" before I could finish his fist connected with my cheek, knocking me to the ground.

"What were you doing all of this time" he grabbed me by my hair punching me again.

"You're fucking for free now huh?!" He got on top of me and started punching me until, I passed out.

When I woke up, Adam was by my side stroking my hair.

"You're awake" he smiled pecking me on the cheek. I flinched from all the pain I was already feeling on my face.

"Melanie you have to understand that I'm doing this all out of love. I want the best for you and doing sexual favors for someone for free is not how you're going to get by" he explained to me. I believed it all.

I believed that he was doing this to me because he loved me. I believed this was the only way that I can make money.

For two weeks, I couldn't work until my black eye and bruises went away. After that, Adam sent me back on the streets.

It was really cold outside and I didn't have a coat. Until, I seen Christian again.

"Melanie what are you doing here" he looked worried.

"I-I" I stuttered. I was extremely ashamed that the guy that showed interest in me was seeing me like this. I knew he would instantly find me unattractive after seeing me on the corner.

"Come with me, I'll give you some shelter" he said giving me a jacket and grabbing my hand before I could even say anything.

That was my last day on the corner,

✨✨

I hope you enjoyed the chapter