Chapter 31

Melanie POV

5 months later...

I've been living with Kyle for 5 months now and I've been extremely happy. He's like a best friend to me. He makes sure that I eat well, sleep well, and get to all of my doctors appointments.

I still haven't heard from Christian. It just makes me feel insecure. The only man that I want doesn't really care about me. What if he's with another girl? What if he got back with Jennifer? That's even worse. Meanwhile, Kyle keeps treating me like a queen and I still won't give him the time of day because I still want to be with my Christian.

Kyle decided to take me out for lunch after my doctors appointment.

As we got there, I immediately see Jennifer and she was pregnant. She's probably around 5-6 months like me. I was hoping Christian wasn't with her because Christina was there too and I know they have their little family outings. What if she's pregnant by Christian. That's probably why he broke up with me. It only made me feel sick just even thinking about that.

The waitress led us to our seats. It only made me angrier that our seats were near Jennifer.

"Oh hey Melanie. Oh my gosh, I haven't seen you in forever" she said being fake. "You're glowing"

"Hi" I simply replied.

"Oh and who is this handsome guy?" She asked staring Kyle down too much. I kind of got a little jealous.

"Daddy!" Christina said interrupting her mom when she seen Christian come to the table.

"Sorry I had to take an important phone call" he told Jennifer. He quickly looked over at me and kept staring at me til he realized my stomach and Kyle.

"You're back together huh?" I asked not looking up at them because I know this all to well. They are back together.

"Yes, you don't see I'm carrying his second child. It's a girl" Jennifer quickly answered. "So is it a boy or girl?" Jennifer asked me.

"It's a boy" Kyle said realizing that Jennifer didn't have good intentions.

"Who's the father though. It can't possibly be for this guy" she smirked at me. "Nor Christian. We all know you've been around"

"No it's mine" Kyle said trying to defend me but, none of this made me feel good. Christian is going to think I was cheating on him.

"And what are you supposed to be to her" Christian said in a cruel way.

"Why does it matter to you" Kyle shot back.

"It doesn't, I don't care" he said sitting down with Jennifer.

That made me get up from the table and walk out not wanting to eat there anymore. Kyle followed right after me.

"Are you ok? Who are those people?" Kyle asked.

"That's suppose to be my ex. The one who got me pregnant but, his boy momma is literally pregnant at the same time as me. He was cheating on me the whole time" I cried in Kyle's chest.

"Please don't cry" he rubbed my back.

"I waited so long just to speak to him and tell him I'm carrying his child but it doesn't matter. He doesn't care. I've been so stupid for him" I sobbed.

"Come on let's go home" Kyle told me and I agreed. I don't want to stay here.

Christian POV

"I told you she didn't care about you. She has the nerve to be pregnant with someone else's child" Jennifer went on and on. "I just know that's her boyfriend. What the fuck right?"

"Jennifer....you told me you seen her with a guy. You've been telling me that for months. You said you recently seen her and you didn't see that she was pregnant?" I put it out there. She's been telling me she keeps seeing Melanie with a guy but, she failed to tell me that she was pregnant. She looked just as surprised as me when she seen Melanie's stomach.

"Yeah but-"

"You lied. You never seen her anywhere. I have been ignoring her all this time" I interrupted her. Dabin was right. Jennifer is always lying.

Something tells me that baby Melanie is carrying is mine. I can't believe I didn't ask her for her number or something. I was too busy being in my feelings because there was a guy with her.

"So you're just going to sit there and be mad at me because I wanted to save our relationship?" She asked. But, I completely ignored her not wanting anything to do with her unless it involves our kids at this rate.

Melanie POV

"I guess I'll finally have to move on" I sighed as I sat down on the couch with Kyle as he was flipping through the channels. "I feel so stupid. All this time he got back with his baby momma"

"Just worry about your child. You're not going to tell him you're carrying his child?" Kyle asked.

"No...I have you helping me and that's all I need" I smiled at him.

✨✨✨

I hope you enjoyed the chapter