Chapter 35

Melanie POV

6 months later..

Our baby Christian Jr. is two months now. We call him Junior since I don't want to constantly be reminded of Christian. I've really enjoyed being a mother so far. I have someone that I can give all my love to. Although, Christian was only there when he was born. He gave him the name and made sure Junior got his last name then, I didn't see him for these whole two months. I'm pretty sure it has a lot to do with Jennifer because even while after I gave birth to Junior she kept calling Christian nonstop.

He constantly sends me text messages to check up on Junior and I. That's still not enough. My son deserves to have his father in his life.

As for Kyle, we're still not officially together because my main focus is Junior. He understands my position and he treats Junior as his own. Christian's absence doesn't hurt me as much because Kyle does fills in and takes care of Junior when I'm tired and need a break.

Christian: Could we talk? I want to tell you something and could you please bring Christian jr.

I got a text from Christian out of no where. I can't really leave the house today because I don't want to.

Me: you could come by the house I'm busy with my baby

Christian: what's the address?

I gave him the address and he came in twenty minutes.

We sat on the couch as Junior was sleeping peacefully.

"How are you and our son?" He asked.

"We're fine" I said. The room was silent for a good two minutes after that. I honestly had nothing to say to him. I've learned to accept that he's not in Junior's life and it doesn't bother me as much anymore. I honestly don't think I need Christian at all.

"I'm fighting for full custody of Christina and I was hoping we could be a happy family when the court battle is over"

"What do you mean?"

"I want you and our son to move in with me. I want him to be around his real dad"

"I don't think we could do that" I didn't hesitate to answer. I don't want to risk being homeless again because of Christian's anger. I know he will take my child away from me.

"Why not?"

"Because me and my baby-"

"Why do you keep calling Christian jr. your baby as if he's not mine too?"

"I'm his only real parent"

"...and who's been putting that in your head? Kyle?"

"No, I've been putting that in my head. You only came to see my baby once. You've never bought diapers, baby clothes, fed him, not spend time with him"

"I was busy"

"With what? With your first baby momma? As long as she was in the picture you were ready to drop me and Junior"

"Junior? Do you not call OUR child Christian at all?"

"No...I don't"

"You probably see Kyle as his dad more than me anyways."

I didn't reply because it's true. Kyle has been there through everything.

"I know what it is. Kyle showers you with gifts and I can't provide all of that for you. You're only so stuck on him because you get to live in a nice house and wear expensive clothes"

"That's not true even before I knew-"

"You were fucking him while he was married. You've proved what you were about a long time ago"

""I didn't know he was married" I started to cry. Why is he trying to say anything to hurt me?

"Where's my son? I mainly came here for him"

"He's sleeping"

"Could I at least hold him?"

"I don't want to wake him"

"It's unbelievable how much you've changed after you got pregnant! You've turned into a bitch!" He yelled.

"Stop you'll wake up my child" I tried to make him quiet down.

"Your child?!? Melanie did you come inside yourself and had a baby. It took two of us not just you!"

"But, I did everything for him! Matter of fact, you've never even held him! I'm his only parent! You haven't seen him since he was born then you come in here trying to get me and my son to live with you. Are you on drugs or something? Did you forget that you kicked me out with no where to go? What if you do it again? You would rather throw tantrums and yell."

"I would never kick our son out of my home!"

"But you would still do it to me."

"If you want to stay here fine but, I don't want our son staying here"

"I think you should go" I told him. There's no way I'm going to send my baby to live with someone he barely knows.

"Let me see my son first!" He yelled at me which caused my son to finally cry.

I rushed to the room and picked Junior up from his crib. He soon stopped crying after held him.

Christian stood in the doorway watching.

"Could we at least come up with a co-parenting plan?" He asked.

✨✨✨

I hope you enjoyed the chapter