Chapter 3

Melanie POV

It's been a month since I moved in with Christian and I'm starting to have a huge crush on him. We've been having sex but, he's never asked me to be his girlfriend. He's so cute, nice, and he's an amazing father to his daughter. He helped me get an ID and now I'm working on getting a drivers license and my GED. He's even bought me a phone.

I just wish I had my own money so I could buy things for myself. I want to look pretty for him.

I was cooking some Mac and cheese for Christina while she was doing her homework. She's five years old and she in kindergarten. She actually likes me. At first, I was really nervous when Christian left me in the house alone with her. Until, one day she offered me to color in her coloring book with her and she started spilling her mom's business. She was telling me about her mom's boyfriend and everything.

It's funny how her mom doesn't want Christian to have a girlfriend but, she has a man herself.

Christian's baby mama's name is Jennifer. She's always giving me these evil looks. One time, she seen Christina eating the food that I made and she slapped it out of her hand. I don't understand why she doesn't like me I did nothing to her.

After I gave Christina her food, I decided to help her with her homework. It was memorizing the alphabet.

After doing her homework, she wanted to watch Spongebob SquarePants while I was studying for my GED.

"Are you my daddy's girlfriend" she asked. I don't really know how to answer this. Christian and I have sex but, he's never actually told me he wanted to be with me. I would hate to feel like someone is using me again.

"We're just best friends"

Maybe, I should finally ask Christian what are we. If it goes south, I should just move on and take what I need from him so that I can take care of myself.

..

When Christian came home from work, I was in my room trying to build up the courage to ask him "what are we?". I could just feel that I'm going to be disappointed.

I didn't have to come to him he walked into my room with his towel around his waist. I could tell he had just got out the shower because his hair was wet. That didn't make my nerves any better.

"Did you miss me?" he pulled me into his arms.

"I have to ask you something" I said while he was kissing my neck. "What are we?"

He immediately stopped. "We're friends" he flashes a smile. I would've thought that smile was cute if he didn't just shatter my hopes on me being with him.

"Friends aren't supposed to- you know do things to each other"

"I take care of you and you give me something in return" he says.

"Ok" I say backing away from him. I knew I would be disappointed.

Maybe I should try a different approach so, he could actually get to know me and start having feelings for me.

"Could we actually spend time together like real friends?" I asked hoping he would say yes.

"I would love to spend time with you" he says making me smile. "But I can't I'm going to be really busy these couple of weeks" my smile immediately dropped.