Chapter 29

Melanie POV

I woke up in a white room and panicked. I've been to this place so many times when Adam beat me. What if something happened happened to my baby?

I got up trying to get up from the bed.

"No no the doctors said you really need to rest so that you don't hurt the baby" Kyle said which caused me to lay back down in the bed. So my child is alive. I'm so happy.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"I was the one who took you to the hospital after you passed out"

"Oh..well thank you" I thanked him. But, what about Adam is he going to come after me?

"I can't stay here. I have to go hiding I have to-"

"You don't have to do anything but, rest. He's in jail now. You told me if I still loved you I would call the police and that's exactly what I did"

"Thank you..."

"Why didn't you tell me earlier you were involved with a guy like Allen"

"Allen?"

"That's his real name. I went to school with his brother he was always no good. I could of kept you away from him a long time ago"

"You told me you didn't know him."

"I forgot he changed his name after he got charged for rape back when he was 17"

So he was a monster even back then.

"Do you have a place to go?" He asked me.

"Yes, my boyfriend will probably be here in a few minutes so you could leave" I lied.

"Call him. He should know what's going on" Kyle handed me my phone.

I will call Christian it's not like he'll pick up the phone for me anyways.

I found his number and called with shaky hands. I don't know why I feel so nervous. He's not going to pick up anyways.

After the third ring, he actually picked up. I was so shocked that I couldn't get my words out. I have so much to tell him but, I don't know how to say any of it.

"Melanie what do you want?" He answered in a cruel tone. He never really talked to me like this before.

"I-I-"

"Did you call me to just waste my time? What is it? Did your boyfriend break up with you?"

After he said that I hung up. How am I supposed to tell him I'm carrying his child or that I'm in the hospital. He wouldn't care. He answered the phone as if he was over me and I'm just leeching onto him. I really loved him but, he never trusted me.

I tried to hold in my tears as much as I could because I'm in front of Kyle but, I couldn't hold it anymore.

"Stop crying Melanie" he hugged me. My eyes widened because I don't remember ever telling him my real name.

"How do you know my name?"

"I seen your ID a year ago when you were drunk that one time. I was just waiting for you to tell me but, you never did"

"Oh.."

"But, why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I didn't feel like I trusted you with it. I couldn't even trust you with my heart"

"That's all in the past. I'm sorry that I hurt you but, I can't let you sleep on the streets with your child. Come live with me"

"I don't know..."

"I'll give you your space. I have a spare bedroom"

"But your wife..."

"I'm divorced. After, that night I divorced her" he told me.

"They won't let you leave the hospital unless they know you have someone bringing you home"

"Ok I'll stay with you"

Christian POV

"So you're telling me she finally called you and you still gave her the cold shoulder? You're an idiot" Dabin said.

"I couldn't keep my emotions to myself. I kept thinking of what Jennifer told me."

"What did she say this time?" Dabin rolled his eyes.

"She told me she seen Melanie with the same guy more than twice and she looked happy. She's probably happier with him than she was with me"

"If she was happy with another guy she wouldn't even call you"

"You have to call her back and make up with her" Dabin said.

"Yeah, I just need to think of what I'm going to say to her"

Two days later...

Melanie POV
I finally got out of the hospital. Kyle stayed with me in there the majority of the time. He only left when he had to go to work and came back when he was done. Kyle took me back to his place and it's different from the last house he took me to. It actually looked like a real home that he stays in. I should've known the other one wasn't his real home. It looked more like a vacation spot.

"Here's your room key so that I don't invade your privacy. He handed me a key. "Your room upstairs to the right"

When I got in there. It had a big gift basket with baby diapers and baby wipes. He also had a baby's crib set up. I couldn't help but to cry. If I was doing all of this myself I wouldn't be able to do any of this. Now, that I'm here my child doesn't have to suffer anymore.

I went downstairs to tell Kyle thank you. I was in the kitchen getting ready to cook something.

I ran into his arms hugging him. "Thank you" I cried.

"You don't have to thank me" he hugged me back. "Are you hungry, I'm cooking salmon"

"Yes, I love salmon" I smiled letting go of him because I've been hugging him for too long.

I watched tv in my room until the food was done and we ate together as he talked about work. He's never told me about his job before. I don't even think I ever knew what he did for a living.

"I'm happy that we can start over and start telling each other the truth"

"Yeah but...I'm not looking for a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship right now because I'm still in love with the father of my child. I'm sorry"

"No it's fine. I understand. I just want to help you out until, he's back in the picture at least"

"Ok" I smiled. I know he was devastated that I was in love with someone else because his face said it all when I told him that. I'm just happy that he understands.

✨✨✨

I hope you enjoyed the chapter