Chapter 16

Melanie POV

"Mel are you going out today?" Christian asked me from my room door.

I was faced towards the window, taking out the short hair sew in that I put in for Kyle to be more attractive to him. I was foolish to even try to change myself for him. He only wanted to keep sleeping with me but, he's still texting me asking to meet up. As if I will ever want to see him again.

What makes it worse it was the same girl that I seen him with at the club the day after we broke up. I'm so stupid how could I not see that he was married. His phone would always ring while we were together and he would always walk out while using his phone. He even called me another girl's name before and he told me it was his sister's name. I always believed his lies because for once I wanted to believe that someone actually loved me,

"No I'm not going anywhere today"

"Well do you want to go out to eat with Christina and I?" He asked coming into my room. I really hope he didn't see my black eye.

"I'm sorry for that argument that we had. If you're happy with that guy it shouldn't matter what I think" he said laying on my bed. I didn't answer at all. Christian was right about Kyle and I. We knew barely anything about each other. We weren't going to last.

"Come on Mel, I said I'm sorry" he sat up next to me but I moved my face, afraid that he'll see my black eye.

He lightly grabbed my chin so that I'm looking at him and seen my black eye.

"Did your boyfriend do this to you!" He raised his voice. "Get dressed I want to have a talk with him"

"N-no his wife did" I said hanging my head down in shame.

"I knew he was lying to you" Christian softened his voice. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah" I lied.

"We could stay home and watch a movie. I wouldn't want you to stay home alone after you got your heart broken"

"I just want to sleep in today" I respond. "My eye and my sides are in pain"

"I'll bring you back some food" he said. "Call me when you need something"

"Ok thank you" I answered.

After I was done taking out my sew in, washing my hair, and taking a shower I decided to take a nap but kept getting interrupted by callsbeing sent to my phone.

I looked at my phone and it was 30 missed calls and one text message all from the same person.

Unknown number: Brittany please answer the phone. We need to talk I really can't stand you being mad at me. Are you really going to walk away from what we had?

I put my phone away and got dressed. Maybe I'll go to the diner that's near by the house. I've never actually been there before because Christian hates going there. He says they get his order wrong.

I got to the diner and order a cheeseburger with fries. There were people staring at me probably because of my  black eye.

"Oh honey are you ok?" a mixed girl asked me as she sat next to me. She looks like she's mixed with Asian and black. She was very pretty.

"Yeah I'm fine..."

"My name is Crystal and your name is...." she trailed off.

"Melanie" I answered.

"I don't mean to be in your business but what happened to your eye?"

"My boyfriend...Well he's my ex now, cheated on me with another girl and she attacked me while we were out together" I lied. I don't want her to know I was messing with a married man even if I didn't know he was married.

"Oh that sucks" she sympathized. "That's why I say fuck love"

She looked really nice like she was doing good in life.

"What do you do for a living?" I asked.

"Keep it between me and you since the guy that thinks he's my boyfriend works at this diner is here I'm a stripper"

I tried to be one in the past but, I didn't have an ID before I was with Christian. Adam said he would help me get one but, he never did only because he didn't want to pay $25 dollars for one.

"Oh I just live with a male friend who's helping me out since I don't really have anything"

"Girl use him as long as you can. You see the guy that thinks he's my boyfriend, he pays my rent and phone bill. I also have other guys paying my bills and expenses as well. You got to use these guys"

"I don't know...I want someone to love me-"

"That's not going to happen. These men don't want care about all of that. Look, here's my number just in case you need a job at the club. I can introduce you to a lot of guys" she gave me her number on a piece of paper.

We talked more and she even paid for my meal.  I actually felt like I had a friend.

✨✨

I hope you enjoyed the chapter