eleven || resembled the time

(yes, that's young eleanor played by bailee madison so take a guess when this chapter is mostly set)

ACT ONE; CHAPTER ELEVEN
RESEMBLED THE TIME

--

IF SOMEBODY ASKED Eleanor what the worst week of her life was, at sixteen, Eleanor would know the answer instantly. The week after she'd been Sorted into Slytherin. However, it was simultaneously one of the best in her lives as it gave her almost everything she'd ever love – and even that 'almost' was, eventually, used loosely.

                Truthfully, she owed it all to Remus Lupin and his friends who, years later, would be known as the Marauders. Then, though, they were four Gryffindor best friends in their second year and she was only one of the new Slytherin's. The only one that year, however, that had yet to even attempt to make friends but gained one enemy and had lost the same amount of tears as an average person throughout their entire life. Eleanor was a bit of a mess that week.

                Still, the tear rumours were only rumours – true ones but that didn't matter – because she refused to be in public when they threatened to flood. Another untrue rumour was her lack of friends, the ghost in the abandoned girls' bathroom had been grateful to hear weeps that were not her own. Though, when Eleanor did become stronger than the words in her parent's letter and stopped visiting Myrtle, the ghost had quite a reaction.

                One of the first time Myrtle lost a visit was when, while rushing there, Eleanor had bumped into a lanky boy. Luckily, that lanky boy was the same one she'd been friends with since their little legs could run around his parents' back garden. Instantly, he'd straightened her up onto her feet out of habit but then broke another by going to leave under watchful stares of his friends.

                "Remus," She called out to him, sadness and desperation filling her voice – sadness because of the desperation and desperation because she didn't one to embarrass him but she seemed to have no other option. "Remus, please."

                For a moment, grief-stricken at the sight of the ghost of the girl he used to know, Remus' hands flittered back and forth. The fact he was debating it so heavily caused Eleanor's head to drop and her feet to resume their rush. Regardless of her actions or his friends looks, Remus Lupin was the same boy he always was and would forever be, so he excused himself for a moment or so to pull her to the side. And into a discreet hug.

                "What's wrong, Eleanor?"

                Handing him the latest letter of disgust, she whipped the tears hurriedly. "Oh, Remus, it's been so terrible. Nobody I used to know will speak to me – even you until now. I don't know anybody in Slytherin.