Chapter 1: Bridgette

In the library, a quiet girl was reading books. She carefully read her book, while moving her bangs to the side so that it won't cover her reading. She had her slender fingers holding the book up. She was beautiful, in whatever she does. For that reason, guys frequented in the library just to see her, but they could not approach her. She had this aura that seemed unapproachable for them.

When she finally finished reading her book, she slightly raised her head and raised her glasses a little to wipe her eyes. She seemed tired for some reason but nobody knows why.

"Bridgette, how is your book?" A man suddenly called. This one, was a friend of Bridgette.
"Oh, hey Joshua. You were here?" She asked him.
"Seriously? We came to the library together and you already forgot me just as soon as you started reading?"
"Well, you don't seem to have much presence." She said as she gently closed the book.
"Wooow, you really can't tell a person by its cover, huh? You seemed gentle and shy with your outward appearance but when you speak, your really like a cute little demon, so frank. The quiet and gentle voice really betrays the expectation of the person you speak to."
"But, I am shy." She said as she faced him and smiled after returning the book in the shelf.
"Why did that feel like sarcasm even though its true? Anyways, do you like the book I suggested?"
"Certainly! I learned a lot from it." She exclaimed and he smiled at her childish behaviour as she answered him.
"Is that so?" He gently smiled and stood up. He then went to Bridgette and led her outside. It was already lunchtime so they lookd for a place to eat lunch, until they found a family restaurant, where they frequented in.

In the family restaurant, Bridgette only ordered coffee and Joshua had iced tea and omelette. In there, they continued their conversation.

"By the way, your taste in books also betrays your looks. You seem kind and gentle so, everyone expects you to read romance and fantasy novels, but what you read are complicated books. Like those for doctors, with body images and labels. Don't you feel disgusted about that?"
"Nope, not at all. I already told you, I want to be a doctor in the future so reading those kinds of books is a must."
"Even still..." he wanted to complain but he already knew how Bridgette would answer if he did so he stopped himself from doing so.

While eating he suddenly heard about the rumours. They were in the land of the North, so the rumours about the Kukura were popular. Kukura wasn't really liked by their own citizens.

"By the way Bridgette, have you heard about the latest news?"
"What news?"
"About the Kukura! The owner of the North!"
"Hm? Nope. What about them?"
"Didn't you know? They massacred a family last night! The people are restless because of this. Those people were law abiding citizens, they didn't do anything wrong yet the Kukura had them killed! You don't know who'll the next targets might be."
"Really? A family was killed? How awful!"
"Didn't I say so? And I heard that the one who killed them all was Mad Dog! The bitch and a total psychopath of the Kukura."
"The b* word is a bit too much. But, how do you know it was Mad Dog?"
"Anyone can tell, nobody in the Kukura can kill that dirty, only Mad Dog can. Bloods and guts splattered everywhere, she did not show mercy to the poor family."
"Oh my, Mad Dog is a female?"
"I don't know, but someone who claimed they witnessed Mad Dog in action said Mad Dog is a girl. A girl wearing all black and smiles under the moon while standing on top of the piled corps. I'm telling you, she's a freaking bitch!"
"Please stop using the b* word, it's really unsettling."
"Oh, sorry."
"But even so, for a girl to be able to do that, she's amazing, yet... scary at the same time. Was the whole family killed?"
"Every single one. Even the baby was killed. I heard she fed the baby to the dogs right before the family, and when the baby finally died, she proceeded to killing the rest of the family. None was left."
"Even the innocent child? She's a demon. And right before the family too. That is just so..." Bridgette covered her mouth and looked down. Joshua saw this and rubbed her back.
"Sorry, we should stop talking about this, were still eating. Sorry."
"It's fine. It's fine." She said as she slowly raised her head and looked at him.
"Anyway, I heard the leader of Kukura, Lucas Brook, is very good looking. Cool and relaxed, they said anyone would fall for him, but then again, he is the leader of Kukura, the one who orders who to kill so he's obviously a demon."
"Hmm... I guess your right if you put it like that." She answered when suddenly her phone rang.
"Someone called?" He asked.
"Seems like it. Well then, I gotta go. I need to take this and go home." She asked him and he nodded.

When she left the family restaurant, she opened her phone and answered the call. Joshua remained looking at her until she finally disappeared in the distance.

The person who called Bridgette was a man, he was calmly speaking to Bridgette, greeting her and she smiled.

"What made you call, Lucas?"