Chapter 7: Ross (Part 2)

Bridgette saw her brother and parents kill those assassins. She was simply staring at them, what she thought was... how beautiful killing someone can be. The moment her brother killed someone swiftly, she was impressed. But when she saw their parents, she was beyond impressed. She was speechless. When she saw blood and guts spill out of those assassins, a curiousity was sparked within her. For a child who has never seen a scar and has never been wounded like Bridgette, seeing intestines and bloods for the first time sparked her curiosity and interest.

'What else does a human have inside?'

              Those were her first thoughts. She then wanted to kill others and see the insides of a human for herself, just like her parents. Though she knew her parents wouldn't like that so she tried to see the books instead but she was still unsatisfied. The slowly fading warmth of a dying body and the actions was not there.  So, at the age of 7, she started to learn the arts of weapons. With the permission of their parents she was allowed to attend the school her brother was attending. They were scared the same incident would happen again so they allowed her for the sake of self defense.

              Five months has passed and she already learned the techniques she missed in 2 years. Just like everyone believed, she was a genius. Not only in academics and sports, even art and of course, skills. But everyone who was watching noticed something was not right about her, because everytime she fought, she always smiles, and the way she fights was wild. It was not elegant in any way. She was... terrifying. After a year of training, she already wanted to feel the thrill of killing someone, so she started chasing every assassin she could find, in secrecy.

               Not knowing why and how, everyone noticed that she was getting stronger each passing night. Bridgette continued killing everynight until one day, she fought someone she underestimated. That person was able to hurt her in her nape. It wasn't any ordinary wound, the cut was deep. She was losing blood, quick, making her wobbly and unbalanced. Her enemy saw this chance and escaped.  Bridgette came home, blood dripping from the deep cut. And because of that wound her blood was dripping everywhere. The next morning, her brother saw her tracks and followed it. He was frantic because the blood led to Bridgette's room. He quickly called for their parents and he smashed through her door. He saw her laying in the blood stained bed, unconscious. They rushed to her side and quickly called for help.

               Their parents had her room investigated. But they were reported that there were no intruders or anything similar, and they were told that her woumds were received from a battle outside. Bridgette came home lost and wounded. She was treated but not before long, they discovered Bridgette's hunger for murder, and they got scared of her.

               Her parents wanted to stop her, so they kept asking and asking her to stop but all their pleads only fell into deaf ears, so it was all pointless.

                But they thought that this is for the best, because she will be doing this dirty job eventually, it just so happened that her time came earlier, so they just let it pass. But 2 years later, ever since they discovered her night life, she became worse. She no longer only harms the enemies but also their subordinates. She became too powerful. And so, their parents decided to make a plan to force her to stop, but once again, it was all pointless. So they decided to take this problem upon themselves and decided to kill Bridgette before she completely becomes a monster.

                Her parents tried to kill her in her sleep while Shino was on his field trip. But Bridgette was not letting her guard down even when she was at home and sleeping. She fought back which made it even more difficult for her arents to kill her. She was their child and pride, but what she was doing was no longer good nor beneficial for the family so she had to be eradicated before she became worse.

                Her parents fought her and she fought back, but no matter how talented she was, she could never best both her parents fighting her at once. So by the time their fight ended, she was near death's door when her parents left her to die. They couldn't deal the final blow because they still felt affection for their own child, so they decided to leave her to die. She was already severely injured when they finished with her, so when she could no longer move and fight back, they only left her. When her parents left, she only realized then how scary it was to die. So she cried. She cried and called for help, she didn't want to die. For a child she thought, was seeing what's inside a human first hand a bad thing. Doctors do the same. So what's the difference between her and doctors. She was still a child then, not knowing anything about the world. So she kept crying and called for help, when she thought it was hopeless, a kid showed up in front of her. The kid stared deeply at her and she reached out to him, asking for help.

"Do you want to live?" He asked and she nodded slowly.
"Help... m-me..." she asked him as she reached her hand out and tugged on his pants.
"If I help you, will you be my friend?" He asked her and without any choices, she nodded again.
"So since we're friends, will you do anything I ask you to?" He asked her again and in desperation, she tugged on his pants slowly, indicating she would. She no longer had the strength to nod because of the lost blood.

                Her sight was hazy and her strength was slowly leaving her. The last thing she saw was the kid smiling at her in contentment.

"My name is Lucas Brook, nice to meet you new friend." He told her and with that, without any reply, she lost her consciousness.

KukuraOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara