Chapter 2: Lucas

Another day, same work and same troubles. Every single day, it always goes like this. I wake up from the racket outside. I go out of my room and check that racket only to see my four officials arguing.

"Hyena, what's going on?" I ask our information gatherer the same question everyday.
"Umm, it's about the murdered family sir, about the one killed by this rumoured Mad Dog." And once again, I am answered by the same answer. Sigh~ I wish Bridgette was here, it would have been really different.
"Mad Dog, again?"
"Yes sir, and it seems this family was originally a spy from the different clans. Both the Bloodstream Bloom and the Kirei. It seems like they formed a truce to spy on us and used both, but in fact, these spies are on the run. According to their data, they were given a mission and never returned. These two spies knows each other in their childhood and when they saw each other in this mission, they abandoned their mission together... wait, I was wrong. Only the Bloodstream Bloom spy abandoned his mission, the Kirei spy continued her work, behind the back of her husband. And only the husband was on the run, she just simply accompanied him." She answered, and it made me thought, Mad Dog really does her work. She kills all our enemies. Whether it's a citizen problem or an inside problem.

               I don't really have a problem with Mad Dog, its just that, when nobody knows who Mad Dog is, it's really unsettling. Nobody would know who she would target next.

               It would be nice to invite her in the clan and make her a member to relax everyone but we haven't even seen her... is what I'd like to say. But in fact, I do know who she is. I know what kind of person she is. She's unofficial but I'd like to think of her as one of my officials in the clan. She doesn't have records but I have 5 officials and she is one of them, she is simply working in my shadows.

               Everybody knows I have 5 officilas but nobody knows who the fifth is. So they simply considered my fifth official as a ghost, nonexistent. And all that she's done are rumours.

"So what's the noise all about? Mad Dog simply did us a favor." I asked them and they all looked at me.
"Cane (read as Kaney), are you serious? She murdered the whole family! She could have at least saved one for us to interrogate!" Jackal shouted at me. Jackal was currently arguing with Wolf, but when he heard what I said, Jackal faced me and pushed Wolf off.

               Jackal is the one who supplies our food and weapons. Every official has their own role and he is the one with the convincing tongue. His the guy who gather our things. His the personel for the inventory, basically.

"Jackal, Mad Dog investigated our enemy and cleaned it, what's wrong with that?"
"She killed all of them, we needed at least one of the couples to interrogate, why are you supporting her so much even though all she knows to do is scatter someone's guts!"
"She is an official too, Jackal."
"Yeah, an official no one has ever seen or has records."
"Sigh~ I give up. I don't like arguing with you guys, and I hate noise. So don't worry, she knew you guys would argue about her work so she did the interrogation herself. She placed this tape on my bed last night, are you satisfied?" I asked them and they all remained quiet.

     When I thought they had nothing else left to say, I left them in the meeting room and headed to my room to take a bath.

              When Lucas finally left, Hyena took the disc and inserted it on her laptop. Everyone then gathered around to listen, but even though the disc was already inserted and read by the computer, she still didn't play it, making everyone wonder.

"What's wrong Hyena?" Asked Fox, the most quiet in all officials.
"It's just that, sir Cane said Mad Dog placed this tape on his bed last night, but when I checked all the cameras around his room, nobody came in and only he left his room exactly at the time before the massacre happened." Hyena said which confused everyone.
"What are you trying to say, Hyena?" Asked Jackal, the conversation became mysterious.
"What I'm trying to say is... I mean, we've never seen Mad Dog ourselves, only he has, so could it be that... master has a split personality and that is Mad Dog?"
"Now that's just gibberish, how can that possibly be? Have you even seen Cane kill someone? Its very not beast-like." Said Jackal.
"Like I said, a split personality. I mean, have you seen the other videos of Cane when a Mad Dog murder happens? Every video is just the same, he always leaves his room before the murder happen and return just as soon as the estimated time the murder ends."
"We can't know for sure unless he tells us himself or we see him in the act. Anyway, just play the disc." Wolf simply answered and they all remained quiet, until Hyena played the disc.

"Okay, okay, wait until I get to start to record and we can have our interrogation... oh wait, it's already recording."  A female voice from the disc said and they all looked at Hyena.

"Could this voice be from Mad Dog?" Asked Jackal.

"Okay, so I'm... I'm not gonna tell, I can't tell my real name so please understand, especially you Lucas' followers, anyway, this is the interrogation about the Spy family..." the disc kept playing but they all just looked at Hyena.

"What do you know, Mad Dog really is a girl." Jackal said and added, "so much for the second personality theory."

               Hyena looked at him and glared. "Well, I'm sorry for assuming."

               While the four listened on the disc, Lucas was relaxing in his bed, he had already finished all the necessary work. It was already 2:30 PM and he had the urge to call someone. He looked at his phone and saw Bridgette Ross on top of his most frequent dials.

               'I want to hear Bridgette's voice.' Thought Lucas. Lucas pressed Bridgette's number and pressed his phone against his ear.

"Hey Bridgette, I just finished my work and I had some free time so I thought I would call you. What about you?" I asked her.
"What made you call, Lucas?" she asked, directly to the point.

              And so, I told her the point of my call. It took half an hour to finish the call. For me, it was just quite short, I wanted to talk to her more and listen to her voice, but it's obvious she's uninterested to that except to my actual reason for calling her.

             Sigh~ I don't even know the reason for calling her anymore. I want to talk to her, but in order to talk to her, I have to give her another reason, something she can be interested in.