Chapter 8: Call

"Whoaw!" I gasped when I woke up.

                I looked around and it was still my same room. Nothing was misplaced and lost, everything was the same.

"Why the fuck did I dream about my past?" I said to myself as I scratched my head in irritation.
"Now that I think about it, I wonder if big brother Shino is doing alright?" I asked as I looked out in the window which is just beside my bed, and smirked "Well, not that I care." I added.

               I quickly stood up and prepared for the new day. Just as I finished my breakfast and was about to leave the house, my phone rang. I checked my phone and saw that Joshua was calling me.

"Well, some bitch just called. What does he want anyway?" I asked myself as I stared at the name of the caller.

                I sighed in annoyance but still took the phone call anyway. As I pressed my phone in my ear, I heard some weird breathing. It totally creeped me out and I wanted to drop the call when he suddenly spoke up.

"I'm sorry for speaking so late, Bridgette... I was tired, sorry." He said and still continued his weird breathing.

                What the hell?! This is so freaking creepy! Quit breathing in the phone will you?! You sound like some perverted weirdo! You freakazoid!

"It's fine, it didn't bother me. Anyway, what made you call this early in the morning, Joshua?" I asked him, forcing my voice to sound calm and kind while angrily glaring at the name of the caller in my phone.
"I wanted to invite you to shopping today, would that be alright with you?" He asked and I only glared at him even more. I could even feel like throwing my phone in disgust. I mean, why would you want me to accompany you in your shopping you disgusting bug! Are you expecting some romantic date you cockroach?!  Go and fucking shop by yourself you pest! I don't need to come along with you in everything you do, why would I even? I don't care about you, you garbage!

"Sorry, but I can't. I wanted to read some books today in the library." I forced myself to sound friendly, even though a lot of my veins have already started to pop in anger.
"Oh, is that so. That's really sad... alright, next time it is." He said in disappointment.
"I'm really sorry, for my selfish reason." Though I don't really care.
"It's fine, it doesn't bother me. But, you really love books don't you?" He asked and I remained quiet.
"Why do you ask that?" I asked him and I heard a long silence on the other side.
"Well, that's what you are, aren't you? You always bring books everywhere you go no matter what." He said and I simply remained in silence. I couldn't say anything, and just when he thought I wasn't going to say anything, he spoke again, "that reminds me... I have a book I wanted you to show, do you want to read it?" He asked me and I answered "yes" without thinking.
"Alright then, I'll give it to you the next time we meet." He said and I quickly answered "alright" just before I dropped the call without any goodbyes.

                I never really thought myself to be someone who likes books. It just so happened that books have the things I need so that I don't go wild murdering everyone I meet. But before I knew it, books kept me calm more than anything. Books accompany me wherever I go, even on my missions, books are still with me.

I became a nerd before I knew it.

                 That was my first, ugly thought in the day. Just next hearing some insect's voice.