Chapter 9: Library

Just like I told Joshua, I went to the library to read. Took some books from the shelves and brought them to my usual spot. I sat down and quickly started to read. Just as I continued reading, a girl suddenly approached me and sat in front of me, carrying a small novel. She was the type of girl who was a little round but she was tall, so her body shape wasn't really disproportionate. She was wearing a black leathery jacket on top of her red Tube and maroon skinny leather jeans. She had a black choker with a small crystal dangling on the bottom of it. To be honest, she was really out of place. She doesn't look like she's someone who reads books.

              We continued to read quietly, when suddenly, not before long, she groaned. I looked at her and she was frowning at her novel. She kept turning it around, as if she was getting a proper angle on how to read the book. Although to me, she only looked like she's only playing.

               When I decided to ignore her and go back to my reading, she then placed her feet on the table. She was wearing a black boots, and on the sole of the shoes, which was facing me, there was written Red Blood for life.

              I quickly knew who it was but I only remained quiet. After all, there's only one group who worships the color red more than anything, the BLOODSTREAM BLOOM. I didn't know who she was but I was impressed with her.

              Despite knowing this is the North, she is still proudly displaying her distasteful color Red. For someone whose in the territory of her enemy, she has guts.

"You know, I don't get why people uses these kinds of things for entertainment. It's really boring. It's just a piece of paper with letters and words in it. What's so special about it?" The girl in front of me suddenly said something spiteful. She's really picking a fight, but I don't really care since I agree with her in the first place. But just considering the time and location, she really wants everyone to hate her. She came  to the library where people who likes to read books would flock and she started to complain at the exact time when people would start flooding in. This girl's a huge dick full of confidence.

               But knowing the character I have to act, I have to show anger to defend my beloved books. Ugh, such a disgusting thought.

"Yes you are right, even I wonder why books are so interesting even though it's just a paper with words in it. Maybe because of the author's way with words, you'd feel all absorbed?" I calmly told her without looking at her and still continued reading my book.

              She violently dropped her foot to the ground and pushed down my book, surprising me. She stared at me with just a distance of an inch between our noses and she smirked. She pulled back and held the novel she was reading on top of it. She smirked at me as she started ripping the thin novel in two.

"Your a big fucking liar aren't you? Why don't you just say what you really have in mind, like these are all garbage. You don't have to put up faces in front of me, bitch. I can read you." She smiled widely, happily tormenting someone. I was surprised by what she said. I looked down and slowly looked up, I was smiling so wide that my lips were close to my ears. I was smiling at her, I was intrigued. She was quite something.

"Your one twisted bitch, aren't you?" She asked me as she smiled like a maniac as a response to my smile.
"Your one to talk." I quietly told her, making sure nobody else but her could hear me as I slowly closed my book.
"I feel like we'll get along well." She said.
"Likewise." I agreed but suddenly her smile disappeared.
"But I'm not here to make friends. I'm here to tell you to stay away from my man." She said which caused me to tilt my head in wonder.
"Who are you referring to?" I asked her and she only clicked her tongue in annoyance.
"Don't play dumb with me you wench. I'm talking about Joshua. His my guy so keep your filthy grubs off him, or else." She warned me and I only laughed at her, back to my Bridgette smile.
"Or else what? What can you possibly do to me?" I asked her.
"You'll know what I mean so for now, listen to what I just told you." She said and left. I completely observed her until she was gone in the distance. I looked back at the seat she just sat on and saw the ripped novel spread about on the floor.

"Ahh, what a waste of such a good book." I simply said and proceeded to picking up the pages and left it on the table then continued reading.