The new girl

Lilly:
Here I am.
Walking at LAX.
Why I am in LA?
To forget my horrible past.
Now I walk into Starbucks.
I go to the counter and wait until one of the baristas show up.
A refresher lemon, please.
Is what I say before taking a seat at a random table.
After a couple of minutes someone calls out my name.
I walk to the counter and take my drink.
Thanks.
I say to the girl and give her the money.
I take my suitcase and the car I am about to rent until I can buy one and start driving to my apartment.
I walk in my apartment it's filled with all of the boxes I started packing about a month ago.
The only thing my new place need is new furniture.
I close the door of my apartment behind me and I drive to Walmart.
•••
Calum:
Today the new girl arrived.
She looks like someone who had not an easy life before she moved here.
Right now I'm playing fifa with one of my friends, Michael.
After 2 hours Michael left.

I was about to go back inside when I saw the new girl struggling with a lot of IKEA boxes.
"You need some help?"I asked.
She nodded pushing the boxes out of the elevator.
I took my keys and closed the door from my apartment.
Picking up one of the boxes and bringing it inside her apartment.
"I'm Calum by the way."
"Lilly." She said, a little smile playing around her lips. She made a move to shake my hand.
I pulled her into a hug.
She froze, but after a couple of seconds she relaxed and wrapped her arms around me.

Lilly:
He is helping me.
The hot boy from next door is helping me.
I didn't ask him to help me with the boxes neither with building the furniture.
He just offered to help me.
He is a nice person, maybe he is a little to nice.
I hope he is not another one like the people in my past.
Like you can see I don't say any names of these persons.
But I can tell you a couple of things about those people.
It's easy.
One of them was only friends With me because I was a "popular kid" at least that's what everyone called me.
Another one acted like a friend for two years, only to spread rumours about me the following 4 years.
One of them told to the whole school I was some kind of freak obsessed with my weight and calories.
The rest of them where the same, they would hangout with you on your good days, but act like they didn't know you when you had your bad days.
Only one person / my best friend, is the person who accepted me as the person who I was, she is there for me on my good days but mostly on my bad days, she is like the other half of me, she is the only one I trust right now, she is the only one in my life, I have nobody except for her.
The rest of my "friends" lost my trust throughout the years in high school.
But maybe there is a chance that he is a new chapter in my life, maybe I can trust him.
Maybe I can make stupid jokes and do fun stuff with him on my good days.
Maybe he can help me or SAVE me on my bad days.
Maybe he is part of my new life.

Maybe he is part of my future.
But the only question right now is...
Will I let him in?