Rise of the Sentinals

We didn't bother saying goodbye to the kids, Cameron, or Libby, as much as I wanted too before we left I know that it would only be making things that much harder if they knew that Alex was leaving again. It was just easier for everyone this way.

Once we arrived in Washington, Charles had no problems in getting us to where we needed to be. Now that he has his powers back it's going to make the rest of this mission easier... I hope it does anyways.

We wait in line to go through the metal detectors, Hank goes through first with Charles and his wheel chair then moves aside so that Alex can go through. He waits for me and we link our finger together before walking away. I look behind me and notice that Logan hasn't moved away from the detectors yet so I call out to him. He looks away from his hands and towards me with confusion in his eyes then realizes how far away that we're getting from him so he quickly hurries to catch up with us.

"Are you alright Logan?" He nods and cracks his knuckles again out of reflex.

"I'm fine. It's just been a long time since I've been able to walk through those things without setting it off." I watch him curiously, waiting for him to elaborate but he never does, until my curiosity is put back in place by Alex tugging me by our connected hands.

I look around us assuming that Alex and the others have found Raven but they all keep walking like nothing has happened. When I glance at Alex from the corner of my eye he moves his face farther from mine and it makes me wonder... Is he getting pouty because I'm not paying him any attention? Because that's usually the only reason that he would ever avoid looking at me.

I feel a light tug in my head and quickly look at Charles, who is pretending not to pay attention, but is also refusing to look back at me so I ask him another question in my head. Charles tries to hide his laughter behind a cough and I smirk in triumph.

So I was right. Alex is jealous that I haven't been paying much attention to him since we got here.

Even after all this time of being together he still acts like a little boy with his first crush. It's pretty cute, and one of the many reasons why I'm still completely in love with him.

Hank and Charles find a place that's suitable, but not suspicious, for our group to be and it's probably as close as we'll be able to get to the president. "Keep your guard up. She's around here some where." Charles says, only loud enough for us to hear. We all nod out heads in understanding and keep our eyes open while we look closely at every person that we can see. Other than Charles who is looking through everyone's minds to try and find Raven faster.

I cover my mouth, with my free hand, and fake a yawn and turn around so that I can snuggle in Alex's arms. For the reasons that I can look at the people who are coming in behind us in case I possibly see Raven in mid transformation, and also so that I can show my jealous fiancé that he's still the only man for me.

Alex tenses against me before relaxing and letting my hand go so that he can wrap his arms around me. Without meaning too I tighten my hold on him and hold him as tightly against my body as I can. I know that I've missed him like crazy but I didn't realize that I would be holding him in a death grip any chance that I ended up getting.

"Nothing behind us." I murmur, my head being on Alex's shoulder, making him shiver with my breath being on his neck.

When the president starts addressing the crowd I turn around in Alex's arms and place my hands on his as I listen to the politician talking to us. The crowd around us becomes quiet with anticipation as they also listen intently to their president's speech. Alex squeezes my hands tightly and I squeeze his back. It was our way of telling one another that we're both starting to feel the pressure of not being able to find Raven yet.