Chapter 17 - Ambush

Brace yourself for Heidi's wrath! I have also included a surprise in this chapter -  enjoy it!

~D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heidi's eyes pierced into my own and I could feel water welling in the cusps of my eyelids. She was intimidating the soul out of me.

"You have a boyfriend," she began, her eyes still fixed on mine as she leaned closer, "AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME!?"

Her loud volume caused my ears to sting and I placed a hand on my right ear, wincing in pain.

"Heidi-" I started to try and explain myself, but the impulsive girl wouldn't listen.

Her face went all pasty and tears filled her big bright eyes.

"You don't think I'm a good enough friend to you, do you? Y-you hate me..." she wailed, covering her mouth with her fingers and quivering. My mind was amazed at how quickly she could go from being as angry as a demon to so upset and broken. She really was something else.

An elderly woman nearby passed us and gave Heidi a tissue. My eyes widened at this gesture, Heidi really did appear so fragile.

Little did the public know that she had her dark side. In fact, she just showed it, yet she was being shown the utmost sympathy?

The influence this girl could have on people really did baffle me...

"Heidi, Grey isn't my boyfriend." I stated, getting straight to the point. I hoped she was listening to me. She was my friend, one of my closest friends and I hoped she knew that.

Her head tilted back to face me, eyes puffy and mouth twisted into a frown. She looked so un-Heidi like that it made me upset.

Don't get Heidi wrong folks, she may be quick to change her mood but that doesn't mean her emotions aren't 100% real, because they sure as hell are. And it hurt me to think I was making her feel this way.

"I don't believe you, why would the whole school be saying otherwise? Plus, people have seen you kissing. Emerald just tell me the truth, ok?" she snapped.

My heart stung at the use of my full name. She didn't say Emmie, and as much as the unique name irritated me, it was a part of our friendship, so seeing Heidi reject it hit me hard.

"I don't understand it myself. I made it up to get out of a sticky situation and Grey has been faking this relationship against my will ever since. He says it is all for his entertainment." I told her the truth, praying she would finally believe me.

"Hey guys-"

"Not now Steve!" the four of us, including Jeremy, yelled at the guy who had just arrived. Steve sank down into a seat far away, looking at the floor.

Heidi looked to me as her face began to regain its animated quality.

"It's ok Emmie, I forgive you. Now, where were we?"

***

Grey's POV

I had a pretty tiring week. Annoying Emerald about this whole fake relationship thing was so enjoyable though. I loved how she got so pissed off all the time, it was seriously entertaining. I had been dealing with a lot of crap on the day that I had bumped into her like fifty million times and I suppose the fake relationship has taken this huge weight of my shoulders.

"Grey, are you coming?"

It was my best bud, Louis Peel. We all called him Orange though because his surname was just too much of a joke.

"Yeah, coming Orange!" I shouted back, jogging to join him and the rest of the crew.

We were all going to one of Louis' friend's house to celebrate getting through the first week of high school. It was the perfect way to unstress and forget about everything that was going on.

"So Grey, you still dating that Emerald girl?" my other friend, Cody Raven asked me when I had caught up with them. He slung his heavy ass arm around me, causing my walking pace to slow down considerably.

"Yeah you oaf, what of it?"

Cody's mouth stretched out in a wide smirk as dark hair fanned his face.

"Rumour has it that it's a fake relationship."

I shrugged.

"I'll say it again, what of it?" I repeated.

Cody released a small chuckle and pulled me closer to him. Whispering into my ear he said the following.

"Can we share?"

I pushed him away. Aw hell no, Emerald was strictly mine to annoy. I wasn't going to let Cody or anyone else stick their dirty paws all over her.

"Nope." I stated firmly, as Cody pouted.

"Don't be sad, Cody. Grey over here clearly has clearly been hit by a dose of the lurv bug." Orange commented snarkily as I rolled my eyes.

There was no way I liked Emerald, let alone loved her. I was just using her misery for my entertainment.

I gave Orange a shove and he stuck his tongue out.

"Lads, time to partay!" Cody whooped as the three of us entered the house, crowded with people and alcohol.