Chapter 33 - The Enemy Met My Best Friend

Happy Monday! (Mondays are never happy though, are they?)

~D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was the end of the day and I was about to leave school, when I heard a shout. 

"Emmie!"

I didn't even see Heidi approaching. Within a few seconds of me hearing her shout after me, her arms were entrapping me in a hug from behind, her face nestled in the crook of my shoulder.

"Hey Heidi."

 I could actually breathe through her hug this time, so my words came out smoothly, rather than stunted. 

Heidi mumbled into my clothes, her hug suprisingly warm and comforting.

"Emmie, I hope you're ok." 

I felt a sad smile come to my face. I was getting better. It had been around two weeks and a bit since Victor and I split up, and although I missed spending time with him, I was slowly feeling better. 

"I'm doing better." I admitted honestly, and I could feel Heidi smiling into my shoulder as I said this. 

"I'm so glad Emmie. By the way, I got you something." 

She had? I felt a warmth buzzing in my chest. My friends had been so supportive through this entire thing and I was truly grateful. 

Heidi's arms unlocked from around me as she skipped up to face me. 

"Here!" She cried out, holding a small box in her hand.

"Honestly Heidi, you didn't need to." I tried to wave off the present but Heidi wasn't having it. She forced the box into my hands and demanded that I open it. 

I began to pull apart the ribbon on the box, curiosity invading my thoughts. 

Inside was a small voucher. I couldn't quite make out what the voucher said, so I picked it up from the box, holding it up to my eye. 

It was a voucher for a spa in town. 

I looked back to Heidi with a smile.

"Thanks Heidi, but I don't feel like going to the spa on my own..." 

Heidi rolled her eyes, looking fed up with me.

"Emmie, why are you so silly sometimes? Dee and I are coming with you, duh." She explained as I made an "o" shape with my mouth. 

Heidi lost herself in another one of her laughing fits. I couldn't help but join in. The laughter subsided and I gave Heidi a small hug. 

As I was about to release her, she tiptoed to say something to me in my ear. 

"You know Emmie, the best way to get over someone is to find someone new." 

I raised an eyebrow at her words. Was she serious? Wasn't that the worst way to get over someone? And plus, who would be my someone new? There was no one. 

"Pfft, no that's BS." I told her, shrugging her off me. 

"Your solution might be closer than you think, Emmie!" Heidi cried out, her eyes pointing to something behind me as she skipped away. 

My face was scrambled with confusion. I honestly think that sometimes Heidi speaks another language. She doesn't make sense!

I was about to start walking to the door to wait for Dee when I heard a voice from behind me.