Chapter 45 - Truth Serum

Enjoy this chapter! It's quite a cute one!

So, prom is just around the corner for Emma. What do you think is going to happen?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up late the following day because Dee had taken me shopping until 11pm. Once I got home, I didn't do anything but sleep. For some reason, my mother hadn't yelled at me to get up, so here I was, running late and panicking.

I'd got up with ten minutes until school was to start. There was no way I would be on time.

I decided to text Dee to tell her I was running late so she could let Mrs Cooper and her vein know.

Hey, I'm running late. Can you let Cooper know?

I then got changed quickly and as I was packing my bag, there was a knock at my front door.

Maybe it was Ruby?

"Can you get that?" A sleepy Ruby murmured from across the hall. Ok, so it wasn't Ruby at the door.

Maybe it was my mother?

I sped down the stairs and opened the door.

Standing there was Grey Black whose dark hair, despite being tousled by the wind, still looked pretty good. He was wearing his leather jacket and his trademark smirk.

"What are you doing here?" I interrogated the guy, who looked offended.

"I drove all the way from our school to your house and that's all you say to me?"

I pretended to look impressed, although internally I was appreciative despite the fact that I didn't know why he had done what he had.

"Seriously, why are you here?" I repeated my question more politely.

"You accidentally sent me a text about being late. I saw it and came here because I thought you'd might like a lift." He explained, before gesturing to his motorcycle.

"Oh, right. Thanks..." I was standing at my doorway, unsure of what to do.

"Are you going to let me in?" Grey stepped forward and I came out of the doorway, gesturing for him to enter.

"Come in."

Grey walked in, his eyes flitting around the household. He was probably looking for baby pictures to tease me about.

"Em, who's at the door?"

Oh shoot, I forgot about Ruby.

Before I could answer, the girl came running down the stairs, her eyes lighting up as they fell on Grey.

"Are you the famous Grey Black?" Ruby asked, taking in Grey's face.

Grey nodded, confused.

"Who are you?"

Ruby stretched out her hand, before introducing herself.

"Ruby Redbourne. I'm Emma's sister."

Grey shook Ruby's hand and his eyes darted between our two faces.

"I can kinda see the resemblance." Grey muttered to himself.

"Are you guys going to school today? I would love to get to know you more, Grey."

Grey shrugged. So did I. Neither of us cared for school much.

Ruby jumped up a little on the spot.

"Then it's set! You can spend the day with me." She then bounced up the stairs to get dressed.

I led Grey into our lounge and he took a seat on the sofa, leaning back.