Chapter 4: A Cup of Tea

Elsie was summoned to meet Ron once again and she was surprised by the reason. He had called her for a cup of tea to get to know her. She woke up from her slumber and she noticed she was already dressed. She found a note on her door saying, "Throne room, 5 minutes."

***

Elsie somehow had managed to find her way to the throne room, "This place is like a maze!" She muttered quietly. Elsie gently pushed on the rough, pale, white gateway in front of her. I call it a gateway because the double doors are triple the height of Elsie. The room was empty except for one huge man sitting on his majestic gold throne. His head turned slightly to notice the entry of Elsie.

"Glad you could make it" His voice echoed through the hall. Elsie looked him up and down, her eyes in tiny slits, "Is that what you do all day? Just sit in that throne of yours? And to coming here, I really didn't have a choice as to one of your guards would've dragged me over here." She growled. She felt proud of herself to stand up against him like that.

"Well let's get this 'tea' over with." She reluctantly agreed.

***

"Sooooooooo...... ummmm.....How are you?", Ron stammered. Elsie glared at him angrily and responded, "fine". He also asked her how her family was.

"Well, maybe if you hadn't kept me here I would've been able to tell you that. Since you're probably going to hurt them if I don't 'participate' in this, how is yours?" She fake smiled, obviously trying way to hard to please herself.

"Ummmm.......Well......All of them are kinda dead." His aura seemed glum after saying that. Elsie looked up sympathetically with watering eyes. "How can you live knowing that all of your loved ones are eradicated and not be devastated?"

"I'm kind of used to it... They died when I was young and I never got to meet them" Suddenly Elsie's scowl turned into a beautiful smile, "If it comforts you, you can always turn to me for that kind of advice. I'm sorry for being really rude to you, I just feel trapped in this vicinity." She continued, "Also I have a question, have you revealed your face to anyone?"

"Not really, and I plan to keep it that way." Ron said in a bitter tone, as if knowing what Elsie was implying by the question. She frowned in return, "but..", "NOOO!" He interjected, yelling. "I DON'T WANT TO SHOW YOU MY IDENTITY BECAUSE IT MIGHT PUT YOU IN DANGER OR IN HARM'S WAY, IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD AND SAFETY!" "........Just go" he said more calmly as if hurt.

Elsie noticed as she walked back there were no guards or servants gripping her as she was dragged out. She took the opportunity to take a tour of the place. She saw a servant and a guard in one room, they had their backs to Elsie. Both were women, Elsie listened in on the conversation and gasped loudly as she heard their plan. She watched as the two womens' heads turned, but she dashed down the hall, hoping to find her room and slammed the door before they could find and figure out it was Elsie.

TO BE CONTINUED

                                                                                                          Yours Truly,
                                                                                                                    ForTheLols_21