Chapter 9: Must go back

Elsie had been home for at least a month now, but still didn't feel whole. She tried everything to entertain herself from juggling to singing. Suddenly, Elsie had a burst of courage and quickly scribbled down something on a slip of paper.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Dear Mom,
I know you would disapprove of what I'm planning to do, but it has to be done. I'm going back. You wouldn't understand right now what I am talking about, but I promise it'll all come together later. I will be gone for a couple of days but hopefully I'll be back before you know it. I love you both, and I'm sorry.
Sincerely,
Your daughter, Elsie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elsie read it over one more time before licking her lips in satisfaction. She hurriedly paced downstairs and dropped the note on the kitchen counter before doing a final check of what she had got for this expedition. Flashlight? Check. Pocket Knife? Check. Crowbar? Check. Chips? Check.
She was all ready and headed out the door.

Just in case you guys don't know what's going on, Elsie had gone back to the spot where the men had disappeared, several times. One time she looked behind the power box and found a contraption with a note attached to it. Those men figured she wouldn't go back to her normal life that easily and would long for Ron and left their portal opener for Elsie to come back and save Ron. Elsie never had the nerve to actually go and save Ron. That is until now.

As Elsie sneaked to the side of her house, wearing pitch black clothing and blending in with the starry night, she shone her flashlight and found the portal opener and note. She tore off the note and read the instructions written on the note and finally figured out how to use it after some time.

Elsie pressed like, 5 different buttons and then pointed it at the ground. An abyss appeared beneath her feet as she fell in. Elsie's stomach had felt like it turned inside out as she had reached her destination. She quickly stuffed the machine in her backpack and marveled at the castle before her. Elsie mentally and physically prepared herself for the trek she had yet to accomplish.

                         Yours Truly,
                                ForTheLols_21