True Colors | Chapter Two

Jay's POV

I was not expecting all of this. I knew Cole and I were tired of either other and so we maybe weren't behaving exactly perfectly. I knew how Kai felt, my parents were lucky they were safe in the junkyard, but I remember when the vermillion captured my parents. I felt Kai's pain, but deep down Lloyd was suffering just as much. Sensei Wu was our sensei, but he was also Lloyd's uncle. Lloyd was always my little brother, I was the youngest of the original four, so it was nice to get to be a "Big Brother" so as I saw Kai get in Lloyd's face I subconsciously stepped closer to the two. "You let our only chance of success walk away!" He yelled, shoving Lloyd. "I didn't just let them walk away" Lloyd mumbled, I shared a panicked look with Nya. 'What's happened to our team?' I wondered. "Well how'd they escape the GREEN ninja!" Cole snarled. 'Woah take a chill pill bud' I joked to myself. When I was anxious I always used comedy to soothe myself. "It was a couple of criminals, they didn't even have elemental powers!" Kai exclaimed. By now Zane had returned and was quietly cleaning up the glass.

 "Why couldn't you handle them?" Kai challenged. "It should've been a piece of cake for you" Cole added, standing behind Kai with his arms crossed. "If you'll let me finish I'll explain everything." Lloyd said, placing his hands out in defense. 'Kai wouldn't seriously hurt Lloyd would he?' I thought worriedly. "Explain?!" Kai countered. 'Here we go' I thought anxiously. "Explain?! Why or...NO! How did you let them get away?!" Kai hissed. "Well there were SIX of them and ONE of me! So what did you expect me to do?!" Lloyd asked defensively. I bit the inside of my cheek, this was getting out of hand. Kai got into Lloyd's face again. "I expected the destined green ninja to do better!" Kai said bitterly. "If you aren't going to do anything about these criminals, I will" Kai added, walking to stand next to Nya. 

Speaking of my girlfriend, I looked at her and immediately saw how uncomfortable she was. We had only seen each other briefly these past six months. 'I swear if he lands one hand on her' I thought angrily. "Nya come on" He said, grabbing her arm. "No" She whispered, shaking her head. I had a horrific pit in my stomach."Come on..You know I'm right.." Kai claimed. 'Okay that is it' I decided. "Guys! Guys! We shouldn't be separating ourselves like this!" I said, stepping closer to Nya, in between her and Lloyd. Kai turned to me, his smile was devious. "You're right, we can't separate the lovebirds. Why don't you join my side too?" He asked, his voice venomous. "W-what sides?!" I said feeling my face go as red as Kai's gi. 'Gosh I wish I could disappear right now!' I thought, embarrassed. "Jay's right there are no sides, we're all one team." Lloyd said bravely I smiled gratefully at him. "Maybe that's the problem, we're one team." Kai said, smirking. 'What does he mean? Is he seriously trying to leave the team, and take half of us with him?!' I looked at Lloyd and watched his face fall. Zane noticed too and nudged me, he wanted us to intervene. I nodded, we needed to stop this fight before it started.

"Lloyd is only human just like everyone else." Zane said, placing his robotic hand on Lloyd's shoulder. "Says the robot!" Cole piped up. I gawked, how could Cole say that?! It was totally not like Cole at all. I had always had a special connection with all my brothers, Zane and I spent a lot of time together after missions. I would fix him up and he would tend my wounds.

"He isn't a robot! He is our brother and to be honest he's more human than you'll ever be!" I spat, getting in Cole's face.