The Battle | Chapter Seven

Nya's Pov

The mech is destroyed, I'm not sure it could ever be fixed. Jay and I had talked about it before, so he knew it was hopeless too. 'So why do they want to get the Mech? The only thing of value in that temple would be the bell' I pondered. 'The bell! They're returning their powers to Lloyd!' I realized. The Dark Island was coming into view. They're trying to trick Lloyd into getting his Golden powers back, so he can defeat the Sons of Garmadon. I had to help them, I missed my parents so much... But I missed Kai even more. Since this entire thing he had been acting so distant, he seemed to be so consumed in finding them, he forgot who he was. "Alright, we'll hide behind those bushes and wait for Lloyd to bring the mech out" Kai explained through our intercoms. 'I just hope this works' I prayed, I needed my brother back.

We had been sitting behind those bushes for nearly twenty minutes, of course we were used to stake out missions... but this was getting boring. I had spent most of the time trying to map out a plan, Lloyd needed ALL of the guys powers, if he only had Jay and Zane's he would be unstable. "Nya!" Kai whispered harshly, snapping me out of my thoughts. 'Did I say anything out loud?!' I panicked. "Yes Kai?" I asked, trying to hide my nerves. "They're docking the boat now, we need to be on guard" He explained, looking back into his binoculars. I sighed, he had no clue of my secret mission. "Of course" I chimed.

We watched the others approach the temple, as we followed behind them. Lloyd looked at the bell and sighed disgusted. 'So it's very obvious he doesn't have any clue about why they're really here' I noted, hiding behind a pillar. "You lied! You promised me!" Lloyd suddenly exclaimed, he had realized their plan. I tensed up, they were caught. "They aren't here for the mech!" Kai exclaimed, finally putting the pieces together. I rolled my eyes, a battle was about to break out. "We can't let them near that bell! Cole keep Jay away, I'll take care of Zane" He ordered, rushing from his spot. "Oh and Nya, make yourself useful for once, keep Lloyd away from that podium!" He added, attacking Zane. That was the last thing I was going to do. I stood back for a second, calculating my plan. Zane and Kai were fighting, Jay was being chased by Cole. "No!" I heard Kai exclaimed, he had hit the bell.

A white beam had started from the bell, to the podium. I quickly ran and pushed Lloyd into it. "Nya I said keep Lloyd out of the beam! Kai scolded, trying to get Zane at bay. I shot water at Lloyd, purposely missing. Lloyd was struggling to leave the beam, but slowly he was overpowering it. "Zane do it now!" Jay screamed, dodging a boulder. 'I need to tell Cole the truth, before he does something he'll regret' I realized, dodging all the flying elements. Zane turned briefly, dodging Kai and shot his powers into the bell. "Argh!" Lloyd exclaimed, the power overwhelming him. Lloyd was now being held a few feet in the air, stuck in the beam. "Yes!" Jay celebrated, blocking Cole's attack. I stood in the middle of the chaos, I didn't know what to do. I watched Lloyd start pushing against the beam, suddenly finding more strength. 'Interesting, it seems he's getting stronger by the beam, but he's also tiring himself out, so he's stuck in a loop' I observed. "Cole, use your earth punch on the wall! It'll break the bell!" Kai exclaimed, as he was tackled by Zane. Without their elements, Zane was far stronger. "No!" Jay exclaimed, blocking Cole with one hand of lightning, sending the other to the bell. "Are you sure?" He grunted. "I didn't come here to hurt anyone" Cole added, dodging a kick. I had noticed both Cole and Jay had been playing defensively, neither one had landed a blow. "Do it!" Kai ordered. Cole readied his earth punch aiming for the wall. "No!" I yelled, shooting water under his feet, I watched in slow motion as he fell. His fist colliding with not the wall, but Jay.