The Accident | Chapter Eight

Cole's Pov

I watched in horror as my Earth Punch collided with Jay, rebounding into the bell. I felt my powers slowly vanish, it wasn't painful just an interesting feeling. I wasn't as worried about my powers as I was the horrific scream that came from Jay as he was sent across the room, colliding with a wall. "JAY!" I yelled, running towards the blue pile. The wall was cracked, from his body hitting it with such force. I heard lots of muffled voices yell, but all that was on my mind was what I had done. 'This wouldn't have happened if I hadn't left the team' I thought as I felt suddenly sick.

Lloyd's Pov

Power. Pain. Progress. Those were the three P's that filled my brain. I had my dreaded Gold power back. I heard a terrible screech of Pain someone had gotten hurt. We had made progress towards defeating the SOG, now that I had my power. I slowly stood up from my crumpled position, fighting that much power was exhausting. I looked over and saw everyone crowding a blue pile. 'Jay..' I realized, sprinting towards the group.  Flashback "I don't know, I just have this feeling that something bad is going to happen" I confessed. "No one will get hurt, we'll protect you" He reassured, a look of confidence in his eyes.

Cole was going to destroy the bell, I knew the bell would crush me. I closed my eyes, the odds of me surviving weren't likely. Cole's earth punch would disintegrate the wall, leaving me under rubble. Flashback over

Jay had taken the Earth Punch instead, I wasn't sure if it was purposeful or not. Regardless he saved me, but at what cost? I skidded in front of the group, I didn't know what to do. I watched as Cole rushed out of the room, going unnoticed by the group. Everything was a blur, do I check on Jay or check on Cole. I was torn, eventually deciding I had no medical training, I rushed after Cole. I ran outside and saw him sitting on a nearby rock. "Cole! What's the matter?" I asked, I assumed it had something to do with Jay. "I-I just I feel so guilty" He said, finally crumbling into a sobbing mess. I was shocked, I had never seen Cole cry. I was terrible at comforting people, so I sat beside him on another rock. "If I had known leaving would end up hurting someone, I wouldn't have" He confessed, clenching his fist. "It's not your fault! If anything it's my fault" I explained, tears pricking my own eyes. "It's not your fault either, it's mine" Nya said, approaching us. I tried not to notice the crimson stain on her shirt. "If I hadn't made you slip you wouldn't have hit Jay" She explained. I stood up, a sudden burst of confidence. "No, it's not anyone's fault. Cole couldn't have hit Jay when he slipped, he would've still hit the wall" I explained, facing the two. "Jay knew what he was doing, he jumped in front of Cole's fist" I added, guilt twisting in my stomach. 'As much as I say it's not anyone's fault, he did it to save me' I grimaced. They both stared at me with wide eyes. "Of course he would do something that stupid" Cole joked dryly. We all chuckled, it was important to find some kind of humor... for Jay. "Jay wouldn't want us moping around and blaming ourselves. I think he would say something like" Nya said, clearing her voice. "WOULD YOU PLEASE STOP BLAMING YOURSELF AND GET ME A DOCTOR?!" She screamed, giving a nearly perfect Jay impression. I chuckled. "Nya's right, Cole come with me to check on him. Nya go get the first aid kit and start the boat up" I said, taking leadership.