Chapter 6

Danny's P.O.V.

Captain Brown looked expectantly at Theo and when he just shrugged his shoulders, he turned to me.

"I don't know." I shrugged my shoulders as well.

The Captain sighed heavily. He rubbed the bridge of his noise before taking a deep breath, "All evidence points towards you, pirate, so tell me where Miss Roberts is."

Theo began smirking, clearly planning to annoy the Captain, but I stepped in, "Captain Brown, when was Miss Jacqueline taken?"

"Five days ago."

I perked up, "Well then it couldn't have been us, we were held hostage ourselves."

He gave me a sceptical look, "By whom?"

"Xavier Jenkson." Theo said, bored.

"Are you the cause of his execution?" Captain Brown curiously asked.

"Execution?!" I squeaked.

"Not directly." Theo said vaguely before the captain could respond to my exclamation.

"Hmm..." Captain gave us a thoughtful look, "Why-"

"...where my daughter is, I want them hanged!" An angry voice barged into the small police station. A large, late forties man stormed towards our cell, ignoring the fumbling men behind, and continued ranting, "I don't care what nonsense they blubber and spew, I want them hanged the moment I find my daughter! I want them dragged by their teeth until their pleading for mercy! AND NO MERCY WILL BE GIVEN!"

The angry man surged forward and grabbed Theo by his shirt through the bars, "Where is my daughter?!"

"Sir Roberts, please, calm-" Captain Brown began to say but the man wasn't having any of it.

"WHERE IS MY DAUGHTER?!"

Theo daringly looked the man in the eyes and said, "I do not know."

"Don't toy with me pirate! Tell me where my daughter is!" His face was blood red and boiling with anger.

Theo rolled his eyes at him and repeated, "I do not know."

If possible, Sir Roberts' face turned even more red. I quickly stepped in before he killed Theo with his bare hands, "Sir, we really don't know, we were kidnapped ourselves when your daughter was taken. We are innocent."

Sir Roberts turned to me for the first time and relief seemed to fill his eyes, "Jacqueline!"

Oh dear...

"Captain Brown, let her out this instant! What gives you the right to lock my daughter up. You will be hanged if you do not release her this instant!" The poor Captain scrambled with his keys and opened the prison. He quickly pulled me out and locked the cell again. Sir Roberts grabbed me into a crushing hug and started firing off questions, "Darling! I was so worried; your mother is in hysterics. Where have you been? What happened? Are you hurt? Were you fed? What happened to your hair-"

"Sir, I'm terribly sorry, but I'm not Jacqueline-" I began.

His face turned red again, "What have you done to my daughter?!" he yelled at Theo.

Theo kept his calm and said, "She is not your daughter."

"Of course she is my daughter!" He shouted.

I sighed, "Sir, I'm not your daughter."

He turned back to me and started opening his mouth to argue when he really looked at me. He immediately stepped back, "Who are you?"