Chapter 8

Theo's P.O.V

Danny's scream took me beyond my boiling point and when I saw the tears run down her cheeks, I cracked, and a volcano burst.

That's enough.

That bastard Darius seemed to have forgotten one very import thing; this is MY ship and I am not someone to be dealt with lightly. This isn't just any ship - this is The Black Swan. No one can keep me hostage on my own ship - unless I let them...

Which is precisely what I let Darius do. He may have believed he had been in control all this time, but it was quite the opposite.

I let him take control. I let him steer my ship. I let him believe whatever he wanted to. I let him. I've had enough of this bastard. I was originally going to leave him stranded on a remote piece of land - just so he could get out of our way, but he had twisted my hand too far. This will be his end.

But I realised my own errors when I saw those tears roll down Danny's cheeks. I should have been more cautious with her. I shouldn't have let her safety be compromised.

Theodore, you idiot!

That bastard is responsible, and he is going to suffer... No one harms Danielle Roberts.

I stalked from the shadows towards Darius with a dark look on my face. Darius looked surprised and fearful for a moment. He knew he was at his end. He recognized his demise walking straight towards him. And he had no escape.

He schooled his expression into a grin, albeit his bravado was faltering. He thought he could still play the game.

"Theodore, you shouldn't have left the party so soon. Danny love felt so lonely." He mocked while stroking her cheek.

I ignored him. I pulled out my revolver. I aimed at him. And I shot him straight in the shoulder. No hesitation. No mercy.

Danny screamed in surprise. She fell down when Darius let her go and he grabbed onto his wound. I socked him in the face and kneed him in the stomach. He fell onto the deck next to Danny and I kicked him away from her. He skidded across the deck.

I bent down towards Danny and gently gathered her in my arms. She whimpered in pain and dug her nails into my skin.

I stood with Danny in my arms and turned towards the... the filth. I glared down at him and growled with fury dripping from my words, "This is MY ship, no one can take it from me. This ship does not move unless I say so. I had thought to leave you stranded on that piece of land with some food and water, make it somewhat liveable, but you hurt my Dove. That is unacceptable. You will suffer pain from not only your wounds, but also from hunger and thirst and guilt. The death of your men will be on your hands. They will be suffering along with their 'leader.'" I spat at him in disgust.

I left the rest to my men, they knew what to do.

*

Earlier

"Tell your men to stop playing games and get this ship moving. Otherwise, I start lowering the number of men you have." Darius said.

I rolled my eyes at the man but did as he had asked anyways; giving my men a nod of confirmation to do whatever the landlubber wanted them to do.

I watched as Darius scuttled back towards my wheel.

Move - that was all the Black Swan needed from me before it left the harbour and sailed on towards deeper waters.