Chapter 10

Danny's P.O.V

It was probably midnight when Theo decided to suddenly barge through the door of his quarters. He looked awfully focused and in thought. He stood in the entryway for a moment, staring at the deck in a daze, before shaking his head. He closed the door behind him before swiftly marching up to me. He barely gave me chance to respond before he thrust an object in front of me, "Do you recognise this object?"

It took a moment before I could focus on the object in his hand and when I did, a gasp left my mouth, "Where did you find this? This is a cell phone." I took the phone from his hand and started inspecting it.

"It was in the possession of the stowaway. Is it the same one you threw out of the porthole all those months ago?" Theo asked while moving closer and examining the phone with me.

"No, this is a different brand, definitely not mine." I said with confidence.

I looked at the appearance of the phone for another minute before turning it back to where I was looking at the front. I pressed the power button and it lit up the screen. I gasped once more when a familiar pair of faces stared back at me.

"What's the name of the stowaway?" I asked urgently.

"Dove, that isn't impor-"

I interrupted him quickly, "No Theo, it's very important. I need you to tell me her name."

He stared at me in the eyes for a moment before sighing, "Lucy."

"Lucy?!" I didn't know whether I wanted to scream with glee or surprise. I had so many emotions rushing through me.

I quickly stood up from the bed – on wobbly legs mind you – and rushed past Theo and to the door. Theo was quick to react and grabbed me around the waist when my legs buckled halfway.

"Dove?! What are you doing?" He held me tighter when I tried struggling out of his hold.

"I need to go see her!"

"Why? Talk to me. What's going on?" He asked calmly.

"If it wasn't for your stupid drugs you keep putting in my tea, I would have the energy to slap you right now." I bluntly said while turning in his arms, so I was fully facing him.

He took a step back in shock and stared at me, "How did you know?"

I rolled my eyes, "I'm not daft, Theo. I may be clumsy, but I'm most certainly not daft."

He looked me over for my reaction, "You're not mad...?"

"No, I'm not. I was for like a second, but then I understood why you were doing it. It also made me realise that my stubbornness isn't always good for me. It made me think with a clearer head. It also made me realise that sometimes I had to let you take control and let you take care of me." I explained and grinned up at him.

He grinned back at me, "It seems someone has finally hit some sense into you."

"Hey!" I cried unhappily and started punching him. He merely laughed at me and grabbed hold of my wrists.

"Back to the subject at hand. Why do you want to see the stowaway?" He asked, getting serious once more.

"She's not a stowaway. I know her. Now stop wasting time and take me to her." I said impatiently.

He looked warry but nodded his head nonetheless. I beamed happily at him. He turned around so his back was facing me and motioned for me to get on. I complied and jokingly asked, "Have I now been promoted from a sack of potatoes to a koala bear?"