Chapter 11

Danny's P.O.V

With one last worried glance towards Gibson, I sprang to my feet and raced towards the other side of the ship. Just as I was lifting one leg over the ship's railing, Lucy stopped me.

"Wait, where are you going?"

"I need to go find Theo. There isn't time for questions, Lucy." I said impatiently. I hopped over and grabbed the railing behind my back, securing my feet carefully onto the slither of a ledge.

Lucy quickly grabbed hold of my arm and tried pulling me back, "You can't just jump over. Let me at least come with you."

I sighed in frustration, "Lucy, I need to get Williams and Theo so they can help Gibson. You need to stay here. Go with Fisher and help him get Gibson settled. That will be much more help to me than you tagging along with no way to protect yourself." Lucy looked as though she was going to argue again but stopped when she saw the look I was giving her. She cautiously looked over her shoulder towards Fisher, before fixing her gaze back onto me. I smiled reassuringly, "They won't hurt you - I trust them with my life."

She sighed and gave me a defeated look, "Okay..."

I didn't let her say anything else, "I'll be right back." I promised with a smile.

With that said, I removed her hand from my arm and turned back to the waters below. I took in a last breathe of courage before diving into the ocean's blue. I crashed into the water gracefully and effortlessly emerged. I hurriedly began swimming towards the shore.

I was badly out of breath when I finally reached the shore. I took a moment to get some resemblance of a breath back before sprinting into town. I looked around all the chaos for Theo.

I spotted him in his pirate hat barging out of a home with a murderous look on his face. I grumbled under my breath before sprinting towards him. The moment I came in front of Theo and he began speaking, I held my hand up in front of him. I bent forward and grabbed my side. I took deep breaths – trying to get rid of the pain in my side.

I took one final deep breath before straightening up, "We found Gibson - I'll explain later but we need to get back to the ship and have Williams look him over."

"What? What happened?" He asked impatiently

"I said I'll explain later. Now come on." I snapped and pulled him by his arm.

Theo took control and led the way. He pushed us past all the running town folks and towards where he seemed to know Williams was. As we past an alleyway, my name carved into an old broken door made me stop. Theo turned around at my sudden halt and sent me a questioning look. I pointed towards the door barely hanging onto its hinges. He looked just as shocked as I had.

"Go get Williams, I'll check this out quickly." I said.

"Okay, Dove." Theo said and held his sword out to me. He quickly kissed my forehead before disappearing into the panicking town's people.

Someone bumped into me from behind and sent me to my knees. I glared up towards the person and saw them being pulled away by someone else and sending me an apologetic look. I huffed – annoyed. I stood up and dusted off my pants. I clicked my tongue in annoyance at seeing my forearm having a scratch on it. The stranger must have accidently scratched me when he bumped into me.

I pushed the door open and watched as it fell to the floor with a bang and a cloud of dust came to life. I coughed and waved my arm about to try and diminish the cloud of dust. I looked down at my name carved into the door's front and felt my mind go blank.

I shook my head after a moment and moved into the room. I squinted into the darkness and saw something glint further in front of me. With no caution in mind, I walked closer towards the glint.