Chapter 3

I was sat in the back room of the pub with a hot water bottle my mom insisted I placed on my stomach as she fixed me up a glass of water. "I told you I'm fine."

"You didn't seem fine." She argued.

"I've had a headache all day, I'm probably just coming down with a cold or something." I said.

"Any service around here?" A man yelled from the bar.

"Punters." She cursed in annoyance before storming out of the room.

A light knock came from the door before Will walked in and stood before me. "How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Fine." I replied. "Which is weird because I shouldn't."

"So I'm guessing no second date." He said. "After all you did vomit after Ross called you my girlfriend."

I let out a loud and ugly laugh which he smiled at. "That wasn't it at all, I assure you."

"So then maybe you will go on a second date with me?" He asked.

"Sure." I replied. "But I can't say when, my life is pretty hectic."

He nodded, understanding. "So can I walk you home?"

"I thought I was meant to walk you home." I scoffed, placing the water bottle down and standing up.

"Well I wasn't the one who just destroyed the ladies bathroom." He said with a small laugh, handing me my coat that I had left in the booth.

* * *

The next morning I was greeted by the same rumbling awakening which lead to my toilet needing a serious clean. The smell made me want to vomit more which I did, over and over for about five minutes before I felt almost fine again.

* * *

"Maybe I'm sick." I shrugged.

"Maybe you're pregnant!" Lola exclaimed.

"That's crazy." I scoffed.

"Well did you and Liam use... you know, protection?" She asked.

"It was hardly the first thing on our minds Lola." I replied.

"Well Jack called me in for an interview at the shop, I'll grab you a pregnancy test on the way out."

"I'm not pregnant." I told her with a laugh.

"Then you can take it to prove me wrong." She said. "Now walk me to the shop for support."

* * *

"Maddy." My Dad called, jogging out of his garage as I was on my way back from walking Lola to her interview. "Fancy lending a hand?"

"Not particularly." I grinned.

"Great, I've got a Merc in the back that needs your help." He said, handing me a screw driver before walking back inside.

I sighed, following him in. I stepped into my grey overalls and pulled them up over my clothes, zipping up the front. I turned to see Ross stood by the doorway. "It's like a reverse strip show." He said.

"There's that charm again." I said, picking my clipboard. "Are you following me?"

"Don't flatter yourself princess, your daddy just hired me for a trial." He said.

"No, you are not working here." I snapped, finally noticing his overalls.

He shrugged his shoulders slightly with a smirk.

"Dad!" I called, marching out, clutching a screw driver tightly in my hand. "He is not working here."

"Why not?" Dad questioned, turning around. "He didn't do anything to you, did he?"

"He called Lola a slag." I stated, crossing my arms.

"Well he's not wrong." Dad scoffed, turning back to what he was working on which caused me to scowl and Ross to scoff.

"Dad!" I scolded.

"What do you want me to say Maddy? She's tried it on with every guy and by the looks of it she's working her way around again." He shrugged.

"Fine." I snapped. "Get to work then." I ordered, walking to a car in the back but annoyingly he followed me.

"Didn't have you pinned as a mechanic."

"And I didn't have you pinned as persistent." I retorted, popping the hood of the car.

"Well when I see something I want, I normally get it." He said.

"I've always wanted to do it in a Mercedes." I said, referring to the car.

"Well today's your lucky day." He smirked, swanning over to me.

"God Ross, I was kidding." I said, placing a hand against his muscular chest to stop him from coming any closer. "I was hoping you were all talk."

"Never."

"Well my dad wouldn't be very happy to hear you were hitting on me so jog on, will you?"

Ross smirked, raising his hands in the air in surrender and backing away. I turned around and began fixing the engine of the overpriced vehicle.

Half an hour later I was near enough done, I stood up straight and wiped the sweat from my forehead. Someone grabbed my arm, turning me around and in panic I launched my other arm at him, the hand containing a spanner.

"Whoa." Ross said, catching my wrist. "Easy there Mads."

"Ross." I let out a sigh of relief, the tension from my body melted away and my arm fell limp in his grip. "You shouldn't sneak up on people, what the hell were you thinking?"

"Not that you'd clobber me over the head with a spanner." He laughed, taking it from me with a swift movement and dropping my arm. "Also, the car I was working on is done."

"Let me see it." I ordered, still panting from the adrenaline.

Ross led me to the car he had fixed. I took the keys from him and started up the engine and surprisingly it worked. "Sounds good." I replied, turning it off again and getting out of the car.

"So you'll put in a good word?"

"If you apologise to Lola." I smirked, crossing my arms.

"Yeah right." He scoffed, snatching the keys from me and placing them on the hook in the office.

"And you want my forgiveness, don't you?" I asked. "We can wipe the slate clean."

"You can clean our slate as many times as you want, it'll still be dirty." Ross said. "There's sexual tension between us Mads, I think we best just fuck and clear it up."

"There's one problem with that, I'd rather gouge my own eyes out." I said, walking out of the room and back to the cars. "And no one calls me Mads."

"Oh come on, I know you dreamt about me last night."

"Unless you're Leonardo DiCaprio, I doubt it." I retorted.

"DiCaprio? I'm way better looking than him!" He exclaimed, grabbing my hand and turning me around.

"Then there's also the fact that you're irritating and rude along with the fact you may now be a colleague." I said.

"I know you want me just as much as I want you." He smirked, placing his hands against the car on either side of me and looking down at me with his dark eyes.