Chapter 67

Maddy's POV:

"You should be resting." I stated, cleaning my hands with a rag as I met my dad halfway down the garage driveway.

"And you should be working too hard to even notice me." He replied.

My eyes landed on the collar of his shirt, examining the stain until I could only come to one conclusion. "Is that blood?" I gasped, meeting his eyes.

"Ketchup." He said too quickly.

"Liar." I accused, crossing my arms.

"Just do your job, alright? And leave me to do mine."

"You mean fixing cars?"

"I mean protecting my family." He replied. "Nick is taken care of, you don't have to worry about him anymore."

"I hardly believe that." I scoffed.

"Buried the body myself." He stated with a grin.

"Then go back to Emily and let her take care of you."

"Yeah, we can handle things here for a while." Ross added, walking over from the garage as he wiped a tool clean.

"Hands off each other." Dad warned, walking, with a limp, back down the driveway.

I sighed, walking back into the garage and sitting on my chair, filing money and dealing with the business side of the garage.

"For someone who just found out their almost murderer has been put six foot under, you look pretty miserable." Ross stated, lifting himself on to the desk beside where I was working.

"I always look miserable, it's my signature look, remember?" I muttered, reading through a statement about the garage

Ross rolled his eyes, grabbing my arms and pulling me along the floor a few inches in the wheeled chair to between his knees.

I placed my elbows on his thighs, looking up at him. "I am trying to work, you know?"

"Whats wrong now? Everything's perfect." He said.

"Exactly." I sighed, standing up. "My Dad is alive, you and Will are somewhat friends, Nick is dead, Jace is off our back, Liam is being a good dad, Lilli is safe and the garage is doing fine. How long until something else goes wrong?"

"Nothing else will go wrong." He assured me, sliding off the desk and standing up. "You can finally be happy."

I scoffed, stretching my arms up and linking my fingers around the back of Ross's neck. "I can try."

"Good because I want you to be happy." He smiled down, pecking my lips.

"Then how about you do your job?" I laughed, stepping aside and pushing him towards the door.

"Yes boss." He saluted, kissing my cheek before dipping out of the office.

I dropped back into the chair, turning to the desk and signing a dotted line.

So this was it, I could finally be happy. I had everything I ever wanted. I could smile and for once be a normal person or as normal as I could be but for how long...

The End.