Chapter 44

Ross's POV:

Maddy opened the door in a black dress and large heels however I still toppled over her. She gripped a clutch in her hands and looked at me, asking, "Where's Amy?"

"She was busy." I lied.

The taxi pulled up and she darted out the door, rushing past me and down the driveway. She looked stunning, I examined her from head to toe before she climbed into the taxi.

Maddy's POV:

We'd been at the club for almost an hour: dancing and drinking. We jumped in the crowd, blending in with everyone else grinding and dancing.

The packed club pushed us close together and I felt Ross's hands on my waist but I was too intoxicated to care.

A tight hand gripped my butt and I turned around. "This your boyfriend?" A guy asked, looking to Ross.

"No, I'm a lesbian." I told him.

"Hot." The brunette guy smirked. "Then why aren't you in a gay club?"

"Not here to meet anyone." I retorted, turning away from him quickly, rolling my eyes at Ross who was grinding against a ginger girl.

"Really cant take you anywhere." I called to him, laughing.

"Well if it were you, that drink'd probably be in my face." He scoffed, pointing to my cocktail which was snatched out of my hand.

I turned to see the boy still stood there, now holding my drink. "You can have it back for a kiss?" He smirked.

"Or." I shrugged before slamming my hand into his gut and snatching the drink from time.

Before I had chance to turn back to Ross he grabbed my wrist, spinning me back to him. He leaned forward and I dodged his lips, stumbling back slightly.

"Hey mate." Ross said, causing the guy to look to him. His lips were now met by Ross's large and powerful fist which knocked him back into the crowd. "The lady said no."

"Oh so I'm a lady now." I smirked, running my hands over his shoulders and turning him back to me. His angry expression soon faded into a softer one.

"So what's the real reason Amy isn't here?" I asked, knowing he was lying earlier.

"Figured I'd sack it." He replied, both of us still dancing to the beat, our hands roaming safely over each other's body.

"What you're breaking up with her?" I asked.
He shrugged. "Why?"

"She's not really my type." He spoke. Suddenly, the music got blocked from my ears and my feet steadied, I was still.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Well apparently my type is small brunette with a big mouth that's taken by my brother with a baby." He shrugged.

"You're sweet Ross which is why I know the right girl for you is out there somewhere." I said.

"Or she's standing right in front of me."

"Ross-"

"When I'm with her I'm thinking of you, I can't help it." He said.

I looked up at him in disbelief, my brows furrowed. The next thing I knew my lips were connected with Ross's, our tongues playing hop scotch. He held me close, like he never wanted me to and a part of me didn't want him too.

I pulled away, my feelings for Ross had just become real. I shook my head, pushing my way through the crowd and bursting through the door.

The fresh air refreshed me, the sweat beads on my head melted and I panted, bringing my hands to my temples.

"Maddy." Ross called, standing a few feet from me.

"We're drunk, Ross you don't mean any of this."

"We've had three drinks, takes more than that to get me drunk." He said proudly. "I thought you used to be a party girl?"

"Never said I was a good one." I scoffed.

"Ask me again in the morning if you don't believe me, I'll give you the same answer." He stated. "Don't act like you don't know I love you. I'd never felt love, I didn't even know the meaning of it but all that changed when I met you."

"You can stay," I told him. "But I should go home."

"I'll come."

"I don't think that's for the best." I said. "I don't trust myself when I'm around you, especially not right now."