Chapter 63

Maddy's POV:

"Morning sweetie." A nurse said from beside me. "I'm Carol-"

"Where's my dad?" I asked.

"In his room."

"Is he awake?" I questioned.

"Thomas Kingsley needs rest." She said.

I sat up straight, pulling the needle out of my forearm and getting out of bed. "You can't be up yet."

I crashed against the doorway, unable to stable myself. I pulled the door open and staggered into the hallway, leaning against the wall to steady myself.

"You need to go back to bed." Carol stated, following me.

"Maddy!" Ross exclaimed, running over with Will.

"You should listen to her." Will said.

"Where's my Dad?" I asked them.

"Maddy we should talk." Ross said.

"I want to see him." I stated. "Ah."

I gripped my stomach, holding it tightly. "Please Madeline." Carol said. "Put the drip back in, it'll make you feel better."

"Come on." Ross said, stepping forward and sweeping my legs out from under me, carrying me bridal style back to my room.

"Ross put me down." I instructed in a frustrated tone.

He set me back down in the bed, pulling the covers over me. "Will you ever give me what I want?"

"No, I'll give you what's best for you." Ross stated, sitting on the armchair beside the bed and putting his feet up on it.

"Comfortable?" I questioned, glaring at him.

"Well I've had to be, waiting all night for you to get out of surgery and wake up." He replied.

"Surgery?" I questioned, my eyes widening and darting between the brothers.

"You had some internal bleeding." Will said. "They operated and they think it's fixed it but they want you to stay so that can do some more tests."

"Where is my dad and why will no one give me a straight answers?" I asked, looking at Will, knowing he would give me a serious answer.

"They're operating on him today." Will replied. "He has a thirty percent chance of survival."

"Thirty percent!" I exclaimed. "And is he awake now?"

"Barely." He replied.

I looked to Ross who couldn't meet my eyes, I could tell they were both worried.

"So where is everyone?" I asked.

"Doctors sent them home last night." Ross replied. "I was the only one allowed to stay."

I looked to Will. "Dad gave me the day off so I could come back, your family is working but they send their love."

"Ross can you call them, tell them I'm awake?" I asked. "Will and I need to talk."

"You mean leave you with your ex?" Ross questioned with a laugh.

"Please."

He smiled, standing up and kissing my cheek before walking out of the room.

"You didn't have to come back." I said with a smile. "But I'm glad you did."

"I'm always going to care, even if you're not my girlfriend." He said.

"I don't deserve this." I sighed. "But thank you."

"You two haven't even been dating a full day consciously and you've already fallen out." He scoffed.

"Well nothings perfect." I said. "Can you take my to my dad, please Will? I have to see him."

He nodded, standing up and pulling the covers back and sliding an arm under my legs and around my back before hoisting me up and out of the room, down the hallway and into my dads room.

"Dad." I said, from the doorway.

"Switched brothers again or am I hallucinating?" He questioned with a scoff, looking over at us.

I laughed as Will carried me inside and placed me on my feet. I sat down on the chair and Will left almost as silently as he came in.

"I am so sorry." I sighed, taking my dads hand in mine. "This is all my fault."

"What? Maddy no." He said. "If Ross wasn't interested in you, he would of left and it would of been me who went our to see Nick and they would of killed me, if anything you and Ross saved me."

"You could still die." I said.

"I know the chance and I'm happy to take it."

I nodded.

"But just in case." He sighed. "I want you to know I'm so proud of you-"

"Don't." I said, unable to control my tears. "Don't say goodbye."

"Just keep being who you are."

"I don't know who I am without." I sobbed. "You've always protected me."

"And I still will." I said. "Be good, be bad, be anything you want but just don't be like me."

"I have to go." I said.

"If you see those boyfriends of yours send them in."

I nodded, getting up and rushing out of the room.

The door fell shut behind me and I dropped against the wall, my legs barely able to hold me up.