Chapter 58

Ross's POV:

I walked through the door to the house that I awkwardly shared with Will.

"You do have a place of your own, you know?" I asked my parents we were sat at the kitchen table.

"Well we figured it wouldn't be safe for you two to be left alone together right now." Dad said.

"And where is golden boy himself?" I asked, walking into the kitchen.

"Here." He bluntly spoke up from the couch.

"Brilliant." I said in a sarcastic tone.

"How could you do this? To your own brother?" Mum asked.

"We were hardly best mates before this." I scoffed, getting out some bread to make a sandwich.

"He was going to propose, you knew that." Mum argued.

"And I loved her, he knew that." I retorted.

"I told you Mum, it's like talking to a brick wall." Will said, standing up. "It's fine, let him have my sloppy seconds."

I dropped the ingredients for my sandwich, storming over to him and slamming him against the wall. My dads hands instantly landed on my shoulders, attempting to pull me off him.

"I don't know if you realised mate but she ended things with you, for me." I smirked. "I had her, whilst she was yours. Clearly you weren't doing something for her."

Finally, my dad managed to pull me off him, standing between us.

"Ross for god sakes can't you at least show a little remorse?" Dad snapped.

"For what? Being the better looking one that gets all the ladies?" I questioned. "I am so sorry that I got all the good lucks Will, it really wasn't fair for me to leave you looking the way you do."

"I've had enough." Will said. "You better be gone by the time I get back."

"Go where exactly?"

"Well since you and Maddy are so in love I'm sure she won't mind you moving in." Will stated, pulling a jacket over himself.

"I'm sure she won't." I smirked, going back to my sandwich as he stormed out of the house.

"And as far as we're concerned you're not to bring Maddy to the farm." Mum said.

"You looked down on her since the minute you met her, even when she was Will's." I snapped. "You weren't going to accept her either way."

"Because I knew she was bad news." Mum argued.

"No, because you're a stuck up cow." I spat.

"Ross!" Dad yelled. "Forget Maddy, you're not welcome yourself."

"Like I'd want to come to your stinkin' farm anyway, I'm not farmer Will!" I yelled after them as they walked out of the house before slamming the door.

Maddy's POV:

"You've got some nerve swapping brothers and reading a family apart like that." Grace snapped, storming into the pub.

"Oh jog on will you? I'm not in the mood." I snapped, looking back over the bar at Rachel who was trying to contain her laughter at the woman we called Crazypants.

"Well I was hardly in the mood for my sons to be seen attacking each other in the streets." She said.

"I see where Ross gets his peck head habit from." I sighed, rolling my eyes as I stood up.

"Oh so are you going to switch brothers again now?" She questioned. "Or better yet just take my husband, tear us apart even more."

"I loved Will so don't you dare for a second think this was easy for me!" I yelled.

"But it was, tarts like you, you're all the same. Don't care about the repercussions, well you had to for once with that child! Let's hope she doesn't turn out as messed up as her mum or the rest of your criminal family for that matter."

I looked at her with an entertained smile. "Are you done?" I asked.

"Not even close."

"Then let me save you some time." I said before throwing my drink in her face.

"Nice one Maddy." Gale said from a table near the front where she was sitting with my grandad. I walked around the bar and into the back.

"She can't just do that!" Grace yelled at Rachel.

"Well I own the bar and I say she can do what she wants." Rachel said with a shrugged. "Now get out, you're barred."

"I'm barred?!" She exclaimed.

"Yep now get out before I drag you by your hair." Rachel smirked.

Grace turned to John who was forced to stand and try to support his wife before she stormed out, him following idly behind her.