II; Misplaced Artifact

There are your story eras! Pretty pretty people

There are your story eras! Pretty pretty people. Now, on with the good stuff.
__

Gerard helped the gorgeous stranger in any way he could. Bandages, healing ointment, being careful when he moved his limbs as to not place pressure on the fresh bruises indented on his olive toned skin. Gerard suspected that damage this specific and the man's naked form laying unconscious on the beach must have meant that he went swimming, the storm rolling in and the ocean claiming love for him as she grabbed him by the ankles and pulled him under. Gerard couldn't understand why the ocean would spit him back out so violently. If he were the ocean, he never would have dragged him under the roiling waves, he would have rejoiced at the sight of such a beautiful man wading in the lapping waters.

The man was patched up and sitting against a comfortable pile of pillows Gerard set up underneath him. A warm wool blanket was resting up to the man's chest that rose and fell slowly with each of his breaths, reassuring Gerard that he was still alive, but he bit his nails further down to near bloody stubs while wondering if the man was peacefully drifting into a coma. He watched how the man's lids twitched and Gerard would tense every time, wondering if he was finally awaking, but the corner of the stranger's mouth would move slightly and his eyes remained closed.

Gerard sat on the edge of his glass coffee table with his hands wrapped around a warm mug of tea. The liquid had once been hot, steam rising up from the vanilla flavored drink and tickling Gerard's chin, but time had cooled the high temperature of it. Slowly, he casted the red mug aside, moving onto the floor to kneel beside the stranger curiously.

Gerard rarely ever thought to call a man beautiful. If he did, the occasion would be one where the man's beauty took his breath away, leaving him staring in awe--of course, most of these men had been behind a television screen, but it didn't taint the truth in the slightest bit. Looking down at the man sleeping on his couch, his eyes couldn't help but explore the curves and dips of his features, the feathery eyelashes, rosy lips, and glowing tanned skin he never would have imagined to maintain such a healthy luster to it when he'd been thrown about near the sea. Gerard's skin always dried out whenever he took a dip in saltwater, he was shocked to see the stranger's skin had an attractive shine against the toned shade of it. It was a lovely color, olive toned flesh that Gerard was surprised to see made his fingers twitch with the urge to touch it.