V; Sunbeam Child

Welcome back! This is pretty long, hopefully you enjoy it. Personally I don't think it's my best, but..
____

Gerard's snapped awake in the morning in a placement he hadn't expected himself to be in. While vivid imagery of a beautiful entity still danced along his vision like flickering scenes of film, the setting he thought he would be settled in was one of pale sands sticking to his skin, the smell of seawater floating towards his nostrils, and the sounds of waves gently crashing against the surface alongside the squeals of seagulls above his head. The call of a woman pulled his body into the lapping waters like a force of gravity and he longed to feel the heaviness of wetted black hair falling between the cracks of his fingers as the both of them sank into the bottom of the ocean. Residing in peace must have been the most comforting experience for him, keeping him away from the touch of air in the bitter surrounding of earth. The planet itself treated her children with the kindness of cool kisses from the winter and the warm embrace of spring unless her wrath was provoked, it was the people walking amongst her that left Gerard craving to stray.

With his eyes wide open and drinking in the rays of morning's light, he was shocked to find a familiar ceiling above his head. Instead of hearing the rushing waters of the ocean, he heard morning birds, the sounds of the pipes creaking softly inside the walls from the running water in the bathroom close to his room. He smelled fresh linen from his sheets and the faint spray of the ocean always lingering close to him no matter what. In front of Gerard was no such woman, and as he slowly began to sit up, the image of her face became a blur in his memory until all he saw was the grace of pale limbs and tangled black hair a shade deeper than his own.

Gerard was dressed in his pajamas, safely tucked inside the warmth of his bed now becoming too high of a temperature to be comfortable as the heat of the day was exceptionally higher in numbers compared to the day before. He glanced around his room, rubbing the sleep from his eyes, and his memory continuously flitted back to the memory of his dream that seemed so lucid, he believed it was real for the first moment of his rising. Reality channeled back inside his mind as made the muscles under his skin tense. Frank.

Gerard quickly rose out of his bed, alarmed by the noise of water filtering through the pipes of the bathroom. He attempted to keep calm as he knew Frank should have been able to know the use of a shower as it was one of the most mundane part of every day life, but some part of him still worried. Setting out his work uniform in a rush, he rushed out of the room, finding light streaming through the crack of the bottom of the restroom door.

He gently knocked on the door, standing close enough for Frank to hear his voice through the wood. "Frank? Do you have everything you need in there?"

Gerard was alarmed to hear a sharp gasp from inside, the sound of impact on the shower wall followed by a yelp of pain. Gerard's eyes widened, flitting towards the door handle in a panic.

"I--I'm okay!" Frank called out, his voice shivering suspiciously. "Sorry for the noise, I rammed by elbow into the wall."

Gerard's eyebrows creased, unconvinced by Frank's tone. "Are you sure? Do you have a towel to dry yourself with, did you take off your bandages, do you know how to work the shower handle?"

"I'm fine, Gerard, I just . . . I think I need one of those towels you mentioned." Frank groaned quietly and more scuffling was heard from inside.

Gerard was highly tempted by his concern to open to door to check up on the man, but he thought the action was too intrusive towards someone he barely knew. His cheeks tinting red, he rested his hand against the door. "I'll bring you one. Do you mind if I open the door a tiny bit just to set it in there for you? I swear I won't look."