XVI; Incandescent Visions

Smut warning! It's fairly easy to skip past, there's a division line when it's over. But it's basically more than half of the chapter, um.
___

There was no other sound apart from the sound of lungs simply being lungs. Air filled them and fed the all consuming desire to live in the moment where Gerard couldn't bear to part from the angelic enigma pressed tightly against his body, developing a nocturnal yearning for their skin to melt into each other, sinking deeply into the ground where all life ceased to exist apart from their souls intertwining. Gerard was never as pure as Frank, the feat was impossible, but his offerings stitched their growing romance into a masterpiece no artist, not even Gerard, could accurately depict. Their colors simply did not exist; they were a combination of inexplicable shades of emotion too rare to recreate.

Gerard weaved sensitivity into his craft. The same way he held a paintbrush, his fingers threaded between Frank's and gently clasped their hands together as their lips met with more urgency than ever before, but nothing was desperate. They eased into each sensation wracking through them before acting upon the blossoming desires growing at the front of their minds like dandelions sprouting over a land of lush greenery. What was beautiful from the start became an ethereal scene almost bringing tears to Gerard's eyes. From both arousal and the overwhelming warmth spilling out from the edges of his heart, he knew this was how art tasted, this was how beauty felt.

Art was sweet. Frank's tender tongue was so hesitant each time it brushed against Gerard's moving lips. Gerard welcomed its arrival each time and gently lead it through the threshold of passion, stroking their tongues together slowly before kissing Frank's upper lip, then the top, trailing his kisses to the corner of his mouth when Frank became breathless. The taste of him lingered whenever their lips disconnected and Gerard's head spun with it, his tongue rubbing at the roof of his mouth, and soon, their mouths attached again to indulge in a kiss burning hotter than before.

Beauty was soft. Frank's blushing skin was hot velvet under Gerard's hands stroking his arms, slipping slowly underneath his shirt to feel his bare skin. It transitioned into pure silk whenever he stroked Frank's cheek and looked deeply into his eyes, losing himself in the valley of amber and promises of green beyond it. His shaking fingers pressed to Gerard's neck, stroking the back of it, sliding down his arms and clutching at every visible amount of skin, and the tips of those trembling little fingers were sunflower petals kissing Gerard's flesh so delicately, as though he was made of something delicate. Gerard supposed flesh and blood were delicate, but he felt indestructible when he was in Frank's arms. No force in the world could strip away the perfection they created when their lips touched. It felt like destiny awakening in their veins.

"Frank?" Gerard breathed out softly. His lips had been mapping out Frank's collarbone, his hand underneath his thin pajama shirt to glide across his ribcage. The xylophone of his ribs under the paths Gerard's fingertips made across it was a discovery he'd never paid much attention to while becoming acquainted with a lover, but Frank wasn't a fleeting romance or a lapse of loneliness drawing Gerard towards open opportunities of sex to feel human contact again.

"Yes?" Frank stroked through Gerard's hair and whimpered quietly at the loss of lips at his skin.

"Do you believe everything happens for a reason?" Gerard nearly scoffed at how such an intense question was borderline inappropriate during their current position. But he couldn't refrain from asking when the words welled at the back of his throat, something rising that he couldn't escape much like the inevitable fate the weather brought forward.

"I'd like to think so." Frank curled his legs around Gerard, tilting his head back in a silent plea for Gerard to continue. He sighed as Gerard kissed his neck, his tongue peeking out the slightest bit to taste. "Even the bad things. Otherwise, I'd think something in the universe is out to get us."