X; Fearsome

Check out my look on Halloween!! I was so happy :)
____

As the days passed along for the human and the merman, the pair found ways to occupy their time while attempting to gain Frank's memory back as well as opening up possibilities inside of the human world for his curiosity to settle some.  There was a spark ignited behind his sweet colored eyes that longed to become familiar with the many mysteries involving humanity, what with all of it being so drastically different from his style of living underneath the ocean. Gerard found himself becoming utterly infatuated with the nature of merfolk the more he listened to their rich history and the tales Frank softly spoke to him when the sun finished engulfing the powdery sands of the beach and moonlight came to conquer all color. It never drained the honey shades from Frank's eyes, only disappearing as his lids fell shut in peaceful slumber, and the company of their warmth collected  every bit of loneliness spared in Gerard's heart to discard it until he would be met with it again. He tried not to think of the way things would end, his departure from his friend he'd only be greeted with rarely in the future, and he enjoyed the time he spent with the merman who entered his life at the most fortunate timing.

Gerard felt lonesome whenever he was forced to part from his lively companion to work shifts at a diner. If he only guided his life with the money he collected from consistently selling portraits, it would force him to live off of every single penny, he would barely be able to provide for himself let alone including Frank into the picture, and so that factor alone had him returning to his normal shifts. Frank would patiently wait for him at home, entranced by the television Gerard introduced him to, preventing the merman from doubling over with pure boredom. He taught the man how to function the DVD player and the duties belonging to the buttons on the remote. He wouldn't admit out loud that he missed the company of the merman while he was taking orders and cleaning tables, collecting tips in a tiny jar to collect a sufficient amount to purchase items for Frank to provide him with more comfort. The world seemed to drain of a certain amount of color without the endless sunshine of the merman filled with life beside him.

"So, who was that cutie asking for you a while ago? I haven't caught you alone for long enough to ask about him." Gerard's co-worker, Jamia, slid into the booth across from him while he took a break after scurrying around the diner during the busy hours of the morning. She was smiling widely, leaning her cheek into her palm as she awaited for her answer.

Gerard looked up, puzzled by her question. "What cutie?"

"The one I drove back to your house when he got lost."

Gerard had forgotten about the incident involving Jamia and Frank, the evening he ran away and wandered off until he thankfully stumbled upon a woman with a connection to Gerard. He wanted to wrinkle his nose at the thought of Jamia flirting with him, an odd flare tugging at his chest.

"He's a friend of mine." Gerard hesitated, thinking of a believable story to explain Frank's sudden presence. "We knew each other in high school. His roommate kicked him out, so he's staying at my place until he can get back on his feet."

"Poor guy," Jamia pouted. "What's his name again?"

"Frank." Gerard answered slightly warily, eyeing the way her eyes sparkled while she spoke of him.

"Frank," Jamia sighed, "he's adorable. The kind of adorable where you wanna cuddle him and never let him go."

Gerard couldn't describe the tugging in his chest that made him entirely uncomfortable when she spoke about the merman in such a way. It made his fingers curl against the seat of the booth underneath the table. Call him selfish, but he wished he could keep Frank his own secret, he didn't warm up to the idea of another person curling up beside him and listening to his soft musings of art while the reflection of the moonlight twinkled in his eyes. In fact, unease spread through him.